Verizon Cell Service @ Bullfrog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackjack

This past week at Bullfrog we had solid “No Service” showing on our cell phones in the Bullfrog slips for the first time ever. The wi-Fi was also limited (more so than usual) - but it was possible to connect next to the Dock n Stock store to retrieve emails and access the internet. We have always had decent cell service in the slips - even if it was sometimes intermittently unreliable. This time it was totally unavailable. We also have a wi-Fi extender installed on a nearby dock pole - so the wi-Fi has also been accessible for the most part. When we asked Exec Services what had caused the degradation of the Wi-Fi and cell service, the response was that “Verizon refused to renew the contract” - presumably for the cell tower. When you leave the slip area, you pick up the signal near the gas station - so this makes absolutely no sense. Just wanted to make everyone aware that if you have Verizon as your cell provider - don’t plan on having any service regardless of whether you have had it in the past. Depending on your situation - this could be both a blessing and a curse. . .

I’m not with Verizon but cell coverage on my last trip was non existent. I wonder if I used to roam on Verizon because the only way I could do anything was near the slips and I could get Wi-Fi there. I had no service anywhere including the camp ground. Worst ever since cell phones became available down there. ☹️

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back