US 89 closed....again...New Spot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I 70 has been closed for different accidents near Eisenhower and Glenwood for the last two days. Nowhere is safe. Now, the snow word is being thrown around for this weekend in CO.

Looks like they are really jumping on the temporary repair. I'm certainly no civil engineer, but it seems like a long line of dump trucks could fill the gap pretty quickly for a temporary fix for very slow, controlled traffic.

The only problem with a hasty repair is that it has to be done again with proper compaction and standards. There may be a need for a larger culvert, or a culvert at all. There is more to consider than just getting the road open again.

The only problem with a hasty repair is that it has to be done again with proper compaction and standards. There may be a need for a larger culvert, or a culvert at all. There is more to consider than just getting the road open again.
Considering that the alternative is to drive 190 miles out of the way to get around the closure, the justification to provide a temporary repair or path while a permanent fix can be done is more reasonable.

Last edited:
ADOT announced early on that they were making a temporary repair and then tackling the permanent repair. I'm guessing they will construct a detour around the permant construction.
If anyone reads/hears the anticipated reopening, please post it here. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back