Up Lake Adventures, LLC. - I did it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reed

From the very first time I visited Lake Powell in 1974, I felt a unique connection. Over the years I found myself drawn to the mystery that is Glen Canyon. Since I started my own adventures on my PWC, I have discovered an incredible way to really see (and fish) Lake Powell. I have been told so many times “wow you should take others on one of these” so now I will.

I am now officially licensed to do just that. After almost a year of preparation with things such as:
US Coast Guard OUPV License (6 pack)
CPR
Wilderness First Aid
Fishing Guide License
Drug Test (I passed)
Liability Insurance
And a lengthy application process with The National Park Service (actually they were great)
The list goes on….

Up Lake Adventures, LLC. Is now fully operational and ready to go. I have a total of 4 PWC’s set up and ready to go adventuring. I will do day and overnight trips. Although we will focus primarily on fishing, we will also adventure into slot canyons and general sightseeing.

I am not really advertising here on Wayne’s Words. I just wanted all of you to be first to hear my exciting news. Reading this forum and learning from all of my fellow “Wordlings” has been and will continue to be such an inspiration to me. Your comments, pictures and catching advice are priceless.

My trips that I am offering are totally All Inclusive. If any of you would ever want to do a trip you can input the promo code wordling19 at checkout this will give a 25% discount.

I am really looking forward to how this plays out in the next few years. I am hoping to spend as much time as possible on the greatest place on earth.

My website www.uplakeadventures.com

Reed,

Good Job,

That sounds like its going to fun and great way to see the lake and show it as you see it.

Plus the fishing.

Rich

Just goes to show that if someone wants it bad enough, with diligence and work they can have it. Happy to see yuor dreams unfold... How are you going proceed.? Are you doing overnighters or daytrips or both? Congratulations. Checked out your website, wow that's some serious stuff.

Last edited:
I fished on my jet ski with a dog for about 4 years at lake powell . I fish now on a big 16ft center console boat with a 40hp motor , more stable. I use to follow a guy on- line out of Virginia beach that would go out in the ocean ,and fish on a custom jet ski. . He went in to business like yours . he took really great photos . You are just like him . I am really exited to see your post in the future. he went by name of Jet Ski Brian, look him up.

I fished on my jet ski with a dog for about 4 years at lake powell . I fish now on a big 16ft center console boat with a 40hp motor , more stable. I use to follow a guy on- line out of Virginia beach that would go out in the ocean ,and fish on a custom jet ski. . He went in to business like yours . he took really great photos . You are just like him . I am really exited to see your post in the future. he went by name of Jet Ski Brian, look him up.
That's crazy. Years ago I rememberJet Ski Brian he had some really cool setups. I think he actually inspired my first trip back in 2012. Thanks for sharing that.

Really proud of you, and excited for you. I trust that this will be a nice adventure for you. Do you live in Page, so that your access can be flexible? It is good to hear you jumped through all the necessary hoops to be legit!

Congrats on the new business. I'm sure you'll be as busy as you want to be. I sold it long ago, but my biggest Striper to date (13.5 lbs) I caught off of my Waverunner!

Congrats Reed! I am excited about all the new activities on the Northern end of the lake and look forward to seeing how well it goes.

Don't forget Reed, we here at Rabbitbrush Repair & Storage are the closest repair shop to Hite. We are fully certified and insured for offroad rescues and any other tow truck operations, such as getting stuck in the sand. ;)

Hope we can do business together! Do you have a main office right now? Would love to meet up and get some of your cards for my card rack.

Congratulations. Most people really will never understand the hard work, time and money investment it takes to operate a business like that. Although some may think those prices are steep, they are definitely more than reasonable.

One thing for you to consider. This is coming from someone who has been in a recreational based business for the past 13 years. I would think you are going to get more opportunity and have more willing clients to spend that kind of money for sight seeing and touring than the fishing side. When visiting your site it looks mostly all about fishing (not entirely). But I would add packages based around site seeing and touring that might include some fishing as well. That way someone interested in just touring won't be discourage to book something feeling all they are going to do is fish all day. Also do not be afraid to spend money on advertising. Having a website is great, but does you absolutely no good if nobody can find it. For the recreation industry google adwords is the absolute best bang for you buck.

These types of businesses are super fun to own and operate but require a lot of work and liability and are really only worth it if you can provide a living for yourself and your family. Best of luck! I may be open to discussing a partnership where we could possibly work together with some advertising from my site and some of my product and help book some trips for you. If interested send me a private message and we can chat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back