Tuesday August 21st Micro Burst

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were notified that the Tropical eat had wind damage to the top roof. When we arrived the buoy field did not seem right so after fixing a temporary fix to the roof we started the boat and pulled the lines back but could not get them where they should be. Turned the engines off and all went back west! Other boats have damage to the tops, but has one sunk in the buoy field? Once again have you heard from Aaramark on the condition of your investment that you pay to have on their monopoly of services at the lake? other boats are about ten feet from bow to stern on the east end of the first field-- You may want to check on your boat!!

I seem to remember she mentioned in a different post (somewhere) that they were in Halls. Boat is Tropical Heat.

I seem to remember she mentioned in a different post (somewhere) that they were in Halls. Boat is Tropical Heat.
YES WE ARE IN HALL'S, THE BOAT IS TROPICAL HEAT. THERE IS ANOTHER BOAT IN HALL'S THAT HAS THE TOP HALF OFF, IT'S IN THE FAR SOUTH EAST SIDE, CLOSE TO THE FERRY DOCK IT'S BLUE AND WHITE, IF ANY BODY KNOWS THE OWNER, DON'T NO THE NAME OF BOAT, WE COULD SEE IT FROM THE FERRY, MARINE NEVER LETS ANYONE KNOW ABOUT THE WIND OR LOOKS TO SEE ANY DAMAGE TO THE BOATS IN THE BUOY FIELD.

Cindy,

While I am not the biggest fan of Aramark, I also think there are limits to what can be expected. There is no requirement to check in/out when you take a boat from the buoy. It would be virtually impossible for Aramark to know if a boat should be on the buoy, was out on the lake with an owner, had been pulled for service or long term dry dock, or had sunk.

Earlier this year, we had a boat on the buoy line we were on sink. Aramark only knew because the weight was dragging on the others boats still on the buoy, and tension our our cable was so taut we couldn’t move off the buoy.

Yes when there is a bad wind storm it would be nice if they would go out and survey looking for obvious damage and notify owners, but it’s not part of the service/contract. So those of us on the board have to do what we can to watch each other and post alerts

As for the blue and white boat you are referencing, I think it’s Naughti Lady. We saw it two weeks ago and intended to take photos and post here. Upon closer inspection, it looked like some effort had been made to tie the broken bimini down to avoid further damage. We assumed the owners had done that and were aware.

WE ALSO HAVE ALL THE BUOYS BEING PULLING TO THE SOUTH, WE TRY BACKING THE BOAT UP, BUT IT JUST PULLED IT RIGHT BACK. WE HAVE TWO DIFFERENT BUOYS IN FRONT OF THE BOAT, AND THE OTHER BOATS HAVE ABOUT 10' BETWEEN THEM. THERE ARE 4 BOATS REALLY CLOSE !! WE TOLD HALL'S MARINE, SO I HOPE THEY WENT OUT AND FIXED THEM, BEFORE THEY START HITTING EACH OTHER. THE CABLE ACTED LIKE THERE WAS A BOAT SANK SOMEWHERE ON THE OTHER END. I GUESS I WILL CALL HALL'S AGAIN TO SEE IF ANYONE HAS FIXED THE MESS OUT THERE.

I just don't understand how a boat can go down in the bouy field and people not know it. I've been around where small (like 17') boats have gone down, and there is a debris field that is easily recognizable. It would be even more significant with a large boat, like those that live on the bouy.

In addition, as mentioned, the bouys get ridiculously tight when that happens.

How does Exec/NPS not notice? I don't get it.

And, @Cindy Jones , you might consider typing without your caps on. All caps is considered yelling, not to mention difficult to read.

Earlier this year I was boating past Hall's on my way up to Good Hope when I saw that the buoys partially submerged. I turned around and went to the office to make sure they were aware. They said they were aware if it and they thought that went down on the buoy but they were waiting to hear back from the owner to make sure he didn't take it off the buoy. I asked what would cause the buoys to pull down if there wasn't a boat that had sunk and the office said if an anchor slide it could pull down the buoys. There was no debris for that boat and it apparently sank in a storm.

Has anyone heard if a boat sank? If not I'll call Exec tomorrow to ask.

The Mary Rose was slipped right next to our old boat.
All those boats were really bobbing. Glad to see most of the boats were safely in their slips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back