Trolling straight across the state line boats launch ramp on labor day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

YSSFTRAORE

We trolled at about 3.5 to 4 mph along the brush line and ran into nice size of strippers. At around 0800 AM there was full blown boil to a point I thought shads were trying to jump in the boat! In less than 2 hours we had more than 60 fishes.

Attachments

• IMG_1896 (1).JPG
    IMG_1896 (1).JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_1897.JPG
    IMG_1897.JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_1898 (1).JPG
    IMG_1898 (1).JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 92
last May, when I was checking in for our week fishing trip a guy on the walk-way to the rental office had the biggest smallies and lmb I've ever seen on a stringer to take home and eat. A local that realized the fish had no cover so fished the docks. Kind of ticked me off but locals hold the trump card, Fish don't care if they are in the San Juan or at the launch ramp.

I know for a fact that they are not released by the docks. All of the tournament's that I have fished at on Powell, Havasu, Mohave, Roosevelt, Pleasant, Bartlett have a release boat after you weigh in your fish you take them to the release boat and they are taken away from the docks just to avoid what happened.

I know for a fact that they are not released by the docks. All of the tournament's that I have fished at on Powell, Havasu, Mohave, Roosevelt, Pleasant, Bartlett have a release boat after you weigh in your fish you take them to the release boat and they are taken away from the docks just to avoid what happened.
You are right. Used to be the fish were released in the Neanderthal area. I'm sure that changes constantly.

We trolled at about 3.5 to 4 mph along the brush line and ran into nice size of strippers. At around 0800 AM there was full blown boil to a point I thought shads were trying to jump in the boat! In less than 2 hours we had more than 60 fishes.

If I understand correctly you were trolling a brush line on the same side of the lake as Stateline Launch ramp? Does that mean you were between the launch ramp and boat rentals? Or was it across the bay to the east shoreline brushline? Glad you caught lots of fish!

If I understand correctly you were trolling a brush line on the same side of the lake as Stateline Launch ramp? Does that mean you were between the launch ramp and boat rentals? Or was it across the bay to the east shoreline brushline? Glad you caught lots of fish!
Hi
no we were on the opposite side to the launch ramp going to the left towards the first island (small). I will add some pictures shortly. You need to be on the far left towards the first small island. Be careful it can get shallow. You need to Identify the submerged brush line .

Hi
no we were on the opposite side to the launch ramp going to the left towards the first island (small). I will add some pictures shortly. You need to be on the far left towards the first small island. Be careful it can get shallow. You need to Identify the submerged brush line .
Thanks for the update. Awaiting your pictures but I think i know where you were now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back