Tough fishing at Bullfrog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kbass

Well not a lot of positive fishing news from us. I promised a report so here goes. We fished from thursday to Sat pm. Trolled, spooned, topwatered, anchovied , etc. I even blamed the lack of fish on Goldcup's after shave. I caught 3 stripers in all those days. Seen fish in the shad balls but no striper schools. Went deep with the downrigger to catch one. All were skinny. Wind, skiers and choppy water combined with 100 degrees every day convinced us to leave early.
Good to see Squirrel and glad we got your fishfinder dialed in. Thanks for the hospitality Powellbride. See ya all next time when the catching will keep pace with the fishing. We were in Crystal, Hansen, main channel and BF bay.
PS. We feel spoiled after this trip. This being one of the hardest we've seen.

I just got off of the water, fished/scouted around moki wall, moki canyon and lake canyon. Fished only about 4 hours and saw huge bait balls on the graph pretty deep. All of the larger fish were suspended around 50 feet tried everything and caught nothing. No topwater action at all, so I came back for lunch and to check ww. Hopefully the fishing picks up soon!!

Well not a lot of positive fishing news from us. I promised a report so here goes. We fished from thursday to Sat pm. Trolled, spooned, topwatered, anchovied , etc. I even blamed the lack of fish on Goldcup's after shave. I caught 3 stripers in all those days. Seen fish in the shad balls but no striper schools. Went deep with the downrigger to catch one. All were skinny. Wind, skiers and choppy water combined with 100 degrees every day convinced us to leave early.
Good to see Squirrel and glad we got your fishfinder dialed in. Thanks for the hospitality Powellbride. See ya all next time when the catching will keep pace with the fishing. We were in Crystal, Hansen, main channel and BF bay.
PS. We feel spoiled after this trip. This being one of the hardest we've seen.
Thanks for leaving some for us you guys.......

Fishing was slow for us the 18th-22nd. The bass were not biting. Tried Crystal Springs, Knowles, 7 mile and Good Hope on the North. Annie’s Canyon, the main channel around slick rock and the Rincon. Annie’s yielded the surprise of the trip. Beat my previous LMB record by 1/4”.

We did luck into some amazing smoked salmon. Nice to hang with Squirrel and to meet KBass & GoldCup

Attachments

• 17FC5D6E-49C1-4BFE-AFF5-7D5C7B25AA20.jpeg
    17FC5D6E-49C1-4BFE-AFF5-7D5C7B25AA20.jpeg
    488.6 KB · Views: 163
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back