TOO BAD NO MORE SCANNER

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wondered about that. The last few times I used it, it was completely silent. I thought maybe everyone was on lunch break...

I used to listen a LOT, and it seemed like, at the end, they (he?) was having antenna connection problems or something (maybe bad equipment after a lightning storm) and, since he lived in Colo., just gave it up.
Too bad.
GregC

There is a significant piece of FCC law that makes it illegal to re broadcast some classes of monitored communications. Internet could easily be seen as a re broadcast medium. NPS may have gotten after the guy because one of the things that can't be re-broadcast is emergency and public services type of com. YOU can listen in, but not re broadcast. At least that is what I remember from many years ago as I was getting a commercial radio and amateur radio operators licenses.

There is a significant piece of FCC law that makes it illegal to re broadcast some classes of monitored communications. Internet could easily be seen as a re broadcast medium. NPS may have gotten after the guy because one of the things that can't be re-broadcast is emergency and public services type of com. YOU can listen in, but not re broadcast. At least that is what I remember from many years ago as I was getting a commercial radio and amateur radio operators licenses.

pw, You may be right about the legality, but, check the web page for broadcastify.com. They claim 5,000 feeds. Not all police/fire/ems, but I'd think if there were (or had ever been) a problem, there would be all kinds of legalese on the home page.

GregC

Kurt, the owner of the feed, is very interested in restoring the link. He's currently using a cellular modem, and is hoping to find someone to host the equipment who's at altitude and has reliable internet. I'll start another thread.

pw, You may be right about the legality, but, check the web page for broadcastify.com. They claim 5,000 feeds. Not all police/fire/ems, but I'd think if there were (or had ever been) a problem, there would be all kinds of legalese on the home page.

GregC

If it is illegal then there is a lot of illegal scanner sites, we have one here and If you ask for it you even get email blasts for anything new so you can tune in.

Great news, the feed is back online!

The stability of the site will continue to suffer until we find a new home for the scanner, as the site was restored with the exiting unstable cellular modem connection.

Help us find a new location!:
If you know someone with a home or business with internet access and good radio coverage above the lake, please inquire if they are interested in hosting the feeds radio equipment. The equipment is small and draws little power and almost un-noticible internet bandwidth. Please consider hosting the equipment, contact Kurt at the "Contact Broadcaster" link on broadcastify.com.

Link to site at broadcastify:
http://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/26608

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back