To sell or not to sell ? 31’ SeaRay with slip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vindicated.....
When someone buys a boat in a slip, the slip will convey with the boat, (if the buyer wants the slip) as long as the new owner passes the litmus test of Wahweap Marina. I've been a part of 2 sales of houseboats in Wahweap Marina. Both buyers would not have bought the boats had the slips not went with the boat. Once the approval process is complete and the new owner takes over, he or she can put in a different boat if it fits in the slip. You can't put a 50 footer in a 30 foot slip but other than that, you can put a different vessel in that slip if it's registered, properly insured and approved by the marina.
I stand, sit and lay corrected and have a renewed purpose about me.

The big thing i see in this situation is the size of the slip ---- As I understand it, the waiting list is for the large houseboat slips -- is their a wait list for the smaller cruiser size slips --- I recall seeing lots of open ones at Bullfrog and Halls -- they couple be taken just no boats in them.
Does anyone know if there is a wait on the 30ft slips?

The big thing i see in this situation is the size of the slip ---- As I understand it, the waiting list is for the large houseboat slips -- is their a wait list for the smaller cruiser size slips --- I recall seeing lots of open ones at Bullfrog and Halls -- they couple be taken just no boats in them.
Does anyone know if there is a wait on the 30ft slips?
Just to clarify - my boat is actually in a 40 foot slip. They removed part of one of the uncovered 30 ft slip walkways last year at Bullfrog. It previously extended parallel and behind our slip on Q dock. Halls used to have a larger number of smaller covered slips. We initially moved our boat over from Halls when Bullfrog opened up new slips back in 2009(?). The new slips were 40’ on one side and houseboat size on the facing side. We were allowed to put our boat in the larger slip because no smaller slips were available. As I recall, the rule at the time was that the boat had to take up at least 90% of the slip size. In order to meet that requirement, we had to install an extended deck at the dockside end of the slip based on the size of our vessel. There are very few covered slips under 40’ at Bullfrog, so a waiting list would not be surprising. With O Dock (all houseboats) being moved over to Halls this year, there are probably a lot of unhappy owners that would want to take anything available back at Bullfrog. Anecdotally, there seem to be a lot of vacant slips when we have walked the docks this year - and it seems to be a combination of boats being out and fully unoccupied slips. Wahweap is probably a different story.

We sold a 55 foot cruiser out of Antelope Point in 2021 and had a boat broker out of California and the dock management both work on selling the boat. The Californian broker did all the work and found the buyer but Antelope Point still took half the commission.

I really appreciate all the feedback provided above - some great suggestions that will hopefully help with next steps. After spending an enjoyable few days this past week at the Lake - the verdict is in. . . . Had a great trip but it reaffirmed our tentative decision to try to sell the boat. Just put the info in the “Yard Sale” forum. Please check that forum for full specs and details. Worst thing that can happen is the boat doesn’t sell - and we enjoy it for another season !

“After 40+ years of Lake Powell memories, regretfully the time has come to put our boat up for sale. 😥 We have been the sole owner of this 2000 31’ SeaRay Sundancer, which is currently in a covered slip (Q-28) at Bullfrog. This cruiser has been spotlessly maintained and includes some custom features that make this the perfect Powell boat. Sleeps 6 adults comfortably and includes all the comforts you would expect, including Smart TV, coffeemaker, vacu-flush toilet, microwave, 4.5kW Westerbeke generator (rebuilt in 2017 with just over 100 hours), upgraded mattress/cockpit sleeping area, and custom shade/screens over the rear deck. Powered by twin MercruIser 7.4L MPI Bravo III engines (730 hours). Triple axle MetalCraft trailer in exceptional condition with low mileage on “like new” tires with full size spare. Priced to sell at $62,500 which includes trailer, all equipment (full galley, ropes, anchors, dock lines, fenders, life jackets, umbrellas etc), plus covered 40’ Bullfrog slip (fully equipped with dock platform deck/dock ladder/slip fenders/dock lines) (subject to Moorage Transfer Agreement). If you are looking to step up to a bigger boat or down-size from a houseboat - this boat is in exceptional condition and has everything you need to make more memories on the Lake. We are hoping to find a good home for our boat - and would love to see it go to a fellow Wayne’s Wordling who might enjoy it as much as we have. Please see attachments for full specs and photos. Maintenance records and additional photos are available. Please pm me if you would like additional info. ALL REASONABLE OFFERS WILL BE CONSIDERED - and until the boat sells, we look forward to spending the next two months enjoying our favorite time at the Lake !”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back