Thing to do around Page

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lance Cue

So my 12 yr old daughter and I will be driving to Page on friday to look at a boat thats for sale so i would like to get a room for the night so we can check out the area while we are there. I have never been down to that end before so dont know what to do for sure. I'm looking for any suggestions on what to do and see, what hotels might be good for a fair price. Kind of a last minute deal but this guy offered to haul it up from scottsdale az and meet at page so I figured I better take advantage of the offer. I would like to do something cool with my kid to make it worth sittin in the truck with me for 12+ hours. Thanks in advance.

Horseshoe Bend is breath taking (and free).

But the BEST thing to do in Page is Lower Antelope Canyon - it is simply awesome - not free but not as expensive as Upper Antelope Canyon.

I've never done it but I think you can go on a short river run down the Colorado. You ride in a car in a tunnel to the base of the dam then float the river to Lee's Ferry in a raft. That would prob talk most of a day but I don't know for sure?

A dam tour is always interesting.

There's also the Visitor's Center at the dam with some interesting things to see.

The dam tour, was excellent(30 odd years ago). My kids are 5 and 8 and I'll be taking them one of these days for that tour. It's just incredible the size and complexity of the dam.

Thanks guys for your replies, we are leaving early in the morning not knowing what to expect. I don't want to spring for an expensive hotel so we are bringing an air mattress and blankets to at least sleep in the bed of the truck, life jackets, fishing stuff, small bbq and hotdogs. We'll see what happens. I hope we can at least get near the water at lone rock and enjoy being at the lake, if nothing else. Only thing I can guarantee is we will be in a new place with a new experience flying by the seat of my pants with my kid. No way that could be bad....

The dam tour, was excellent(30 odd years ago). My kids are 5 and 8 and I'll be taking them one of these days for that tour. It's just incredible the size and complexity of the dam.

We did this for the first time last year. No worries looking for dam parking, there was plenty of room even for trailers. The dam elevator was broken, so we didn't get to go inside the dam, but the dam people were great and we even got some dam ice cream. That dam tour is great!

Page is near an unlimited supply of fun and interesting things to see. Lee's ferry is fascinating with it's old buildings and long history. You can still see the rotting remains of an old river boat experiment that didn't go well. The "Navajo" power plant and the electric train line that feeds it coal is a fun thing to see. Of course, Lake Powell is the main attraction. But over the years, we've gone many places in the surrounding desert and just enjoyed the heck out of the lizards and wild flowers, and geology. Someone with a long history of living near page should write a pamphlet or book about all of he things to see and do, in depth in that area of the country.

The road down Crosby canyon, Kelly grade up to see the 10,000 year old burning coal seam, The overlook into the end of Last Chance and into Padre. It just depends on your time frame. Do not go out into the desert to the north of the lake if it's gonna rain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back