They’re doing something at the Cut

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are definitely going down !! 2 Dump trucks hauling dirt, as fast as they can be loaded, going over the rise to the North.
They are about 1/3 way thru the cut moving toward Warm Creek. I hiked over and watched for awhile
Could see no evidence of any widening. Pictures from today 02/02 about noon.

I assume you meant "today 05/02" rather than 02/02. This is great news. I hope they complete significant excavation before the water inundates the cut. With the water within about 8 feet of old cut level and water rising about a half foot per day (or more), how far down can they possibly dig in less than 2 weeks? 2 or 3 feet?

I assume you meant "today 05/02" rather than 02/02. This is great news. I hope they complete significant excavation before the water inundates the cut. With the water within about 8 feet of old cut level and water rising about a half foot per day (or more), how far down can they possibly dig in less than 2 weeks? 2 or 3 feet?
They can dig more than 2 ft in 2 weeks they could probably dig down 2 ft in a week easy

oops! yes Trix it was today 05/02,
They have a road grader as well, however it was not working while I was there. I know nothing about such work but It appeared that they
were scraping the bottom and loading the piles into the trucks to haul away. I was struck by the fact that there was no "rock or stone", in the material piles, just loose dirt.

Yes, my first trip in 84 or 85 we camped on a beach west of castle rock and would head to the dam and then to the intake tubes to fish, the return to camp was through warm creek. We never slowed down going over were the cut is. Antelope Island was an island. I miss those days.

Does anyone remember going to Warm Creek by boat on both sides of Castle Rock?
I have boated LP since 1971 and buzzed around Castle Rock for decades when the lake was generally over 3650. Checkout the the LP Water Database at the very bottom of the page there is a data retrieval box. Pull down and retrieve Max/Min to see the lake levels in the big water years before 2004.

I miss all the shortcuts. I was working there at full pond or darn close to it. Stateline houseboat rental office (when it was on top) had water lapping at the front door. You could get uplake super quick. All the houseboat rental parking was at the level of shoreline drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back