The Escalante

Status
Not open for further replies.

powellobsessed

hello friends,
Next week I'll be headed to Powell for a long awaited family trip! I hope to make it down to the escalante with some family that have never see the lagorge arch or the cathedral in the desert. It's been years since I have been down there. My question is if memory serves me isn't there a huge overhang in one of those canyons? Any help jogging my memory of which canyon it is would be greatly appreciated. I want to say it's in 50mile canyon or clear creek. Thanks in advance and safe boating my friends.

Waterbaby

Staff member
hello friends,
Next week I'll be headed to Powell for a long awaited family trip! I hope to make it down to the escalante with some family that have never see the lagorge arch or the cathedral in the desert. It's been years since I have been down there. My question is if memory serves me isn't there a huge overhang in one of those canyons? Any help jogging my memory of which canyon it is would be greatly appreciated. I want to say it's in 50mile canyon or clear creek. Thanks in advance and safe boating my friends.
There is a huge cave with a very sandy beach around the corner past La Gorce Arch. Good luck getting it in the summer. There is also an overhand area - good for lunch stops, not camping, right near La Gorce... All in Davis Gulch.

Lake Bum

This is a month ago in Davis Gulch. The sand is underwater now, lake is IMG_20170613_130414655.jpg about 11' higher now. There is another pretty nice cave in Willow Creek.

Status
Not open for further replies.