The Escalante

Status
Not open for further replies.

powellobsessed

hello friends,
Next week I'll be headed to Powell for a long awaited family trip! I hope to make it down to the escalante with some family that have never see the lagorge arch or the cathedral in the desert. It's been years since I have been down there. My question is if memory serves me isn't there a huge overhang in one of those canyons? Any help jogging my memory of which canyon it is would be greatly appreciated. I want to say it's in 50mile canyon or clear creek. Thanks in advance and safe boating my friends.

hello friends,
Next week I'll be headed to Powell for a long awaited family trip! I hope to make it down to the escalante with some family that have never see the lagorge arch or the cathedral in the desert. It's been years since I have been down there. My question is if memory serves me isn't there a huge overhang in one of those canyons? Any help jogging my memory of which canyon it is would be greatly appreciated. I want to say it's in 50mile canyon or clear creek. Thanks in advance and safe boating my friends.

There is a huge cave with a very sandy beach around the corner past La Gorce Arch. Good luck getting it in the summer. There is also an overhand area - good for lunch stops, not camping, right near La Gorce... All in Davis Gulch.

This is a month ago in Davis Gulch. The sand is underwater now, lake is IMG_20170613_130414655.jpg about 11' higher now. There is another pretty nice cave in Willow Creek.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back