The Dog-Days of Summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHRIS MCBETH

I started a new job last year and as a result only have 2 weeks of vacation per year.

I have to say, it's a struggle getting to Powell anymore without a long weekend to parlay.

And it's been a LONG summer (Since July 4th) without any fishing trips to our favorite place on earth!

In conclusion I'd like to say one thing, and ask another:

1) I miss Wayne's fishing reports. They mean so much to me... :-)

2) Please people, for the love of god, start fishing and telling the stories here! I'm desperate.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_43ce.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_43ce.jpeg
    510.6 KB · Views: 120
  • P1040328.JPG
    P1040328.JPG
    449.1 KB · Views: 124
  • fullsizeoutput_4411.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_4411.jpeg
    555.4 KB · Views: 129
  • GOPR0053.JPG
    GOPR0053.JPG
    655.9 KB · Views: 128
I started a new job last year and as a result only have 2 weeks of vacation per year.

I have to say, it's a struggle getting to Powell anymore without a long weekend to parlay.

And it's been a LONG summer (Since July 4th) without any fishing trips to our favorite place on earth!

In conclusion I'd like to say one thing, and ask another:

1) I miss Wayne's fishing reports. They mean so much to me... :)

2) Please people, for the love of god, start fishing and telling the stories here! I'm desperate.
We will be there starting next Thursday for a week. Hopefully we will have some fish stories for you. Sorry to hear you are having harder time getting there.

I'm right there with you Chris. We can't take time off of our family owned business, so long weekends are our only chance to go up to Powell.
We will be up for the Labor Day weekend. Hopefully before then we will hear some good reports!

I've been having to fill my fishing needs with kayaking the lower Salt River. It's nothing like Powell, but we have done really well catching LMB on whopper ploppers lately! Hopefully those SMB up at Powell will be as excited to see them as they were back in 2017!

Headed down Friday, this will be my fourth trip but this time we are going to the south end so family from the St George area can meet us. If I have service I will report while there, if not when we get back. Staying on a house boat for a week so fishing time will be split with entertaining. Looking forward to a trip like the old days, hope the fishing is like the old days too. Thanks to everyone that has given reports lately I will be trying some new methods this trip. Maybe even some split shot thanks to Ed. If anyone has the WW channel programmed in I will be trying it to see if it works, hope someone is on the other end. Hope you get make it it there soon Chris!

Headed down Friday, this will be my fourth trip but this time we are going to the south end so family from the St George area can meet us. If I have service I will report while there, if not when we get back. Staying on a house boat for a week so fishing time will be split with entertaining. Looking forward to a trip like the old days, hope the fishing is like the old days too. Thanks to everyone that has given reports lately I will be trying some new methods this trip. Maybe even some split shot thanks to Ed. If anyone has the WW channel programmed in I will be trying it to see if it works, hope someone is on the other end. Hope you get make it it there soon Chris!
What channel do wordlings use?

What channel do wordlings use?
You need to have an MMSI unique to you programmed in your radio then you can put the channel for the WW channel. If you go back through the threads and search MMSI there is a lot of discussion about how to go about getting the numbers and programming radios. Some were in December of 18. There are several pages about it.

I hope to get in some fall fishing but family health issues have put a crimp on my fishing activities thus far. I have an early September trip planned and hope to get several trips in later in that month and October. :)

Ed Gerdemann

You need to have an MMSI unique to you programmed in your radio then you can put the channel for the WW channel. If you go back through the threads and search MMSI there is a lot of discussion about how to go about getting the numbers and programming radios. Some were in December of 18. There are several pages about it.
Once you get your MMSI #, the private WW's channel you will need to program in your radio is 022 222 222 Sq

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back