The Boil Master

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kurt,
You going to the San Juan again this fall? I'm still wrestling with competing priorities so I don't know yet. Chuck

I fished with him once. We met up in Blue Notch Canyon and went all the way to the end and ran into a nice striper boil. We had a great time, of course! I brought him dinner that night. Joel is a great guy.

OK - It has been a very long time since I read the Boil Master. I wish we could bring back some of the great posts from the original website which began in the year 2000. We have been doing this for almost 20 years with about 4 different website platforms. I need the help from people like Mega Bite who understand computers. I can do the fishing part but putting it out the internet is not my greatest talent. I appreciate Bart for being my main computer savvy guy now.

I will close with one top water story from this weeks sampling trip on the lake. We were looking for boils, but no action. I rounded a corner in Ticaboo Canyon and saw 3 buzzards standing right on the shoreline. I stopped the boat and lectured my companions that birds on the shore are a sign of stripers feeding on the surface right at that spot. I told them to cast out right in front of the birds. Just then a single fish jumped, chasing shad. A cast was made and the only surface feeding fish of the whole trip was caught at the feet of the ravens. Joel would have loved it!

Last edited:
I fished with him once. We met up in Blue Notch Canyon and went all the way to the end and ran into a nice striper boil. We had a great time, of course! I brought him dinner that night. Joel is a great guy.
First time I met Joel he pointed me to a cove behind Castle Butte that hosted a boil every morning. I miss the shore boils - every morning and every evening, stripers were on a very tight schedule...🙃

OK - It has been a very long time since I read the Boil Master. I wish we could bring back some of the great posts from the original website which began in the year 2000. We have been doing this for almost 20 years with about 4 different website platforms. I need the help from people like Mega Bite who understand computers. I can do the fishing part but putting it out the internet is not my greatest talent. I appreciate Bart for being my main computer savvy guy now.
Not me. Was cleaning up some old bookmarks when I came across the link to TopCat's old website - TopCat's Place - lot of good info and pictures from 15 years ago. Surprised it is still online. Will be using skills to copy it for preservation.

Mega Bite, man you bring up Topcat, I have'nt heard that name forever. I would love to fish around you guy's again. It's been a long time, I thought maybe some of you guy's had passed, literally. Is he still around? I hope so, I really don't know how people just stop fishing Powell, I guess there's other thing's in life, but don't tell Wayne.
Now if I could hear from Richard Sutterfield, he turned me on to a pack of Walleye assassin's, many year's ago, I would like to tell him, how many cooler's have been filled with those bait's, and how many I have given to other lake Poweller's. So if any of you know how to get a hold of him, please let me know.
Chet, your right, good memorie's.

Always a bunch of memories
Kevin give me a call some time and we’ll hook up at bullfrog this winter

That would be great, but I broke my old flip phone, and lost all my contact's, and don't have your number. 435-687-9259. I'm looking forward to some winter fishing. Let's hook up this fall, I'm fixin to start.
I told my wife, what I wrote about thinking maybe some of these guy's might have passed, and she said "HOW RUDE", but I never thought of it that way, it's been a long time. I did'nt mean it in a "RUDE' way. I would sure like to see all of you guy's. It was different back then. And some of us are still writing about the Memorie's.

I would love to fish around you guy's again.
Yeah, that would be good.

Maybe we could book a room at TopCat's 'lodge' in Good Hope Bay...:eek:

100_0933 (Small).JPG

...in case some thought us confused...yes, it says Halls Creek Bay...but, this floating restroom was positioned in Good Hope Bay in November 2004. Many will recognize Good Hope Mesa in the background.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back