Sunday Fishing Trip With First Time LP Fisherman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cliff

Escalante-Class Member
Took my neighbor Brandon out on the lake today. He's never fished LP (he's from Mee-na-so-ta).
Went to the dam and found 7 boats on the west side. We just went a little north on the wall and dropped anchor. His first cast got him a striper. We thought we had hit the motherlode. Nope, things slowed down then to about 3 fish for the next 2 hours. Others were catching a few but not real fast.
We moved a ways east and once we found the pattern we had a fish on about every cast.
Saw lots of fish on the FF even at 300+ feet deep.
Best pattern today was cast 1/2 an anchovie on a 1/4 oz. leadhead about 50 to 60 feet out into deep water and let it just drift down on its own arc controlled by the length of line out. By the time it gets to about 40 to 50 feet deep you'll get a good bite. Got tired of catching fish and decided to go clean them and go home.
Great weather, great fishing, we live where others go on vacation!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Cliff I think you guys were fishing by us on the far east. If so thanks for your tip. After you left the bite was even better we had to stop though cause we ran out of bait. Thank goodness i was cleaning fish till midnight when we got home back to Panguitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back