Not open for further replies.

wayne gustaveson

Staff member
gusflyer-2.jpg

*Press Release*
For immediate release

Wayne Gustaveson’s 70th Birthday Bash

Striper Showdown Fishing Event

Come show Wayne the stripers you caught, discuss technique, wish him a happy birthday and possibly win a prize.

When: April 1st, 2017
Waters: Lake Powell
Start: First Light
Fish weigh in: Wahweap fish cleaning station from Noon to 4pm
Fastest Fish Fillet Contest: 4:15pm (Can you beat Wayne?)
Program and Cake 4:30pm

This is a casual, for fun, striper fishing event with small (non cash) prizes. It’s a celebration of Wayne Gustaveson, his birthday and his service to Lake Powell, Page and the fishing community. It is an opportunity to enjoy the Striper fishery at Lake Powell.

-Everyone is invited to participate
-No registration required and no fee’s required
-No official blast off; Start any time after safe light
-All fish remain the property of fisherman, please clean and dispose of fish properly
-Scouting and practice fishing before the event highly encouraged.
-Must abide by all National Park guidelines and all State of Utah fishing regulations
-There is a fee to enter the Glen Canyon National Recreation Area
-Every fisherman must have a current fishing license
-Leave the Lake, picnic area, and fish cleaning station in better condition than you found it.

-Non- fishers and well-wishers welcome! Come wish Wayne a happy 70th birthday.

Bio: Wayne Gustaveson moved to Page/Lake Powell in 1975. Over the past 40 years he has worked as the project leader for Utah Department of Wildlife Resources and been an active member of the community. He has written a weekly fish report for decades for Lake Powell Communications, the Lake Powell Chronicle, the Utah DWR website and wayneswords.com. Wayne’s website, wayneswords.com, has been providing fishing and other information about Lake Powell for over 15 years and has a world-wide following. In 2015 he published a book, My Lake, My Life, about his experience at and expertise of Lake Powell and the fishery within. He is married to Charlene and raised 5 children in Page, AZ. He will be turning 70 on April 3, 2017.

For more Information contact:

[email protected]

Richard Hepworth, Utah DWR (435) 691-2205

Brian Gustaveson (808) 779-6981

That sounds like a real good time. Wish I could make it.

Happy early Birthday. Is April 1st the actual day?

I just saw this announcement which my wife and my boss did behind my back. My son Brian was the main instigator and got every one else to go along. Thanks Brian, Richard, Ron Colby and my wife Charlene. Now I am in the loop and thinking of where we can go catch fish on April 1st. See you then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back