Striper school on side imaging sonar

Status
Not open for further replies.

TundraMan

Anyone have some pics of striper schools on the side image display of your sonar? I just upgraded from down image to a Helix 10 and have seen some youtube stuff of fish here and there but nothing with a large school of fish. I am headed to the lake mid next week and was curious if anyone has some screen shots???

Last edited:
New to the side finder myself, and I to would be very interested in any images. these advancements in the sonar industry are like cell phones, how to keep up with all the changes.

I've had a SI unit that I've had for a bout a year now. I'm still not quite sold on it. I have yet to see any advantage of just a DI unit. Maybe it's just the learning curve, but I find myself just going back to the DI image instead of the SI image. I might have some pictures, I'll take a look and post it up if I do. I did get into some pretty big striper schools last fall with it.

MTNPULL- how do you like the size of the Helix 9 on the bow? I have a similar set up and wanting to put a new HB on the bow, then one at the helm. Did you also get the 360 transducer?

Thanks!

MTNPULL- how do you like the size of the Helix 9 on the bow? I have a similar set up and wanting to put a new HB on the bow, then one at the helm. Did you also get the 360 transducer?

Thanks!

I like the size. It is nice to have while I am up front working the electric trolling motor. I have a helix 7 at the helm and have them networked running off the same transducer. I'm not sure what transducer it is....whichever one came with the helix 9.

I like the size. It is nice to have while I am up front working the electric trolling motor. I have a helix 7 at the helm and have them networked running off the same transducer. I'm not sure what transducer it is....whichever one came with the helix 9.
That's what I was trying to do, network them together.
Just wondering if you have the 360 imaging on your Helix? It's an extra transducer that connects to the shaft of your Minn Kota.

Newbie here,but heading to the lake late august early September so starting to search the fishing boards . I don't have any stripers, but do have extensive SI experience with reservoir walleyes.. The technology is the same,even if the fish is different. I started out with a 997 in 08. Added a 1197 at the trolling motor. Today's gear is an onix 10 on the console and a Helix 12si on the bow.

Here is a link to my personal SI images. It's kind of an interactive tutorial .

http://imageevent.com/okoboji_images/hummingbirdsideimaging?n=0&z=2&c=4&x=0&m=24&w=0&p=0

Last edited:
Newbie here,but heading to the lake late august early September so starting to search the fishing pops. I don't have any strikers, but do have extensive SI experience with reservoir walleyes.. The technology is the same,even if the fish is different. I started out with a 997 in 08. Added a 1197 at the trolling motor. Today's gear is an onix 10 on the console and a Helix 12si on the bow.

http://imageevent.com/okoboji_images/hummingbirdsideimaging?n=0&z=2&c=4&x=0&m=24&w=0&p=0
Great link. I think that really helped me understand what I was reading wrong on my SI. Thanks!

My transducer is not ran through the ulterra. I am not currently using the transducer on the ulterra.
Ok, you're using your transom ducer thru the network.

360 will not integrate with the Ulterra, but you can use the transom mount and network the image to your bow unit. I have a SI ducer on my Terrova up front.

Thanks for the replies and that link. Very helpful. Now on to testing it out and messing with settings to try and duplicate the results.

Thanks for the replies and that link. Very helpful. Now on to testing it out and messing with settings to try and duplicate the results.
Its an incredibly effective technology, but it blows me away how many people have it and dont utilize it, or even learn how to interpret what its telling you. There really is no magical settings, just keep messing with it until you get it dialed in. If you look thru my images, you will see that my favorite color is the Blue. Ive tried them all many, many times, and I keep going back to blue.

There is even better technology out there now, but I'm hesitant to part with the cash, because I know my units so well, and trust them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back