Street report

Status
Not open for further replies.
We launched that boat from Bullfrog about 10 this morning in search of stripers. We checked every canyon between Moki and Knowles on both sides of the lake, never found a school. We then headed over towards the houseboats at Bullfrog and Dome rock. We found some interesting marks just outside of the houseboats @ 60' but the drift was 1.5 mph with the wind so no takers. I tried to get out on Friday but this cold and high winds made me go back. I tried to get my boat thru the decon station but it was closed, I think 5:30 Saturday night is a little early to be closed. I am staying another night on their dime due to the decon station being closed. I left the lake once before without being decon. and it cost me 2 weeks of fishing and 3 trips trying to get that done. That's my rant hope the rest of you have better luck than me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure where you live but the ranger at Utah Lake told me over the phone that I could schedule a decon with him and do it by appointment anytime during business hours.

The ranger who inspected me had just refused to decon a Colorado boat, as they are required to go through another decon upon entering Colorado waters anyway. Lots of lakes in Colorado aren't State Parks and don't have this service available though. Might be a bad move on the part of the NPS

Colorado doesn't accept Utah decontaminations. They always come inspect my boat while I'm cleaning fish at Halls. The guy told me last time I was there, it's a $300 fine if you get caught outside of the park with your plug in. Don't wanna forget that!

I was a little upset going through the inspection station when leaving after Howard's service. A ski boat was there pumping out gallons of water from one of their bilge tanks. How many of these idiots sneak out in the middle of the night and take this water with them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back