Stop speculating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please Avoid Speculation
I arrived at BF yesterday 3/25/20 approx. 4PM. At the top of the public ramp I was greeted by a very nice Ranger. He handed me the necessarily brochures related to mussels and told me to enjoy my time on the lake and to be safe. At the same time a local family was enjoying the beach at the bottom of the ramp. The power is on in our slip, the water was off when I checked at 5PM.

After having read posts about gates being closed and people locked in, I called the phone number in Page to learn that "no you will not be locked in period".

Certainly things are changing rapidly it is very difficult to keep up. However my request is that we choose to repeat only fact and not speculate. If you don't know, DON'T TELL

Be safe and stay healthy.

Richard Couturier

X 1,000!!!

The " heard it from a guy" stuff just gets everyone in a tizzy.

BTW, I grew up in WA, my whole family still lives there. My brother told me the closure came about because the razor clam season was due to open, but they canceled it to avoid crowding. People packed the beaches anyway!!! So they closed everything...kind of like swatting a mosquito with a sledge hammer.....but people need to avoid crowding, that is not act like idiots!!

I heard from my cousins sister‘s boyfriend that this will blow over in time for fishing sometime in the future. Dang! I wish this craziness will end all the speculating...you’re killing me Smalls! I have a trip in four weeks!

Please Avoid Speculation
I arrived at BF yesterday 3/25/20 approx. 4PM. At the top of the public ramp I was greeted by a very nice Ranger. He handed me the necessarily brochures related to mussels and told me to enjoy my time on the lake and to be safe. At the same time a local family was enjoying the beach at the bottom of the ramp. The power is on in our slip, the water was off when I checked at 5PM.

After having read posts about gates being closed and people locked in, I called the phone number in Page to learn that "no you will not be locked in period".

Certainly things are changing rapidly it is very difficult to keep up. However my request is that we choose to repeat only fact and not speculate. If you don't know, DON'T TELL

Be safe and stay healthy.

Richard Couturier
I completely agree with ya!

Connecticut trying a different tactic then Washington State.

Fishing Season Opened Early in Public Waters to Encourage Social Distancing

On March 24, 2020, Governor Ned Lamont issued an Executive Order opening lakes, ponds, rivers and streams to fishing statewide. Opening the fishing season early helps to limit community spread of COVID-19, by eliminating the large crowds that often accompany the traditional Opening Day of fishing in April. During this time of social distancing, fishing should be enjoyed as a solitary experience or with members of your immediate household, not as a group activity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back