• Friends: Please double-check the email address you have on file. Make sure that it is current and able to receive email. When our emails are rejected it can damage our ratings and slow down future deliveries.
    Thanks!

Stateline Auxillary Ramp (Legacy Ramp)

drewsxmi

A couple of hours with a road grader above water, about 100 steel plates, and it will be ready! But it does look pretty obvious that there was a ramp of some kind there once. That low butte in the distance and the gully to the right match pretty well with a Google Earth ground view aimed up what looks like the ramp in the 2004 photos.

I know we all like to dis government agencies, but a state highway department ought to be able to get gravel and chip seal on that in about 2 days.

Last edited:

doc

As of 21 July. Not a shovel full of dirt moved. You can see the thin black pavement above the man’s head. Also it appears to have gravel for parking on right sideView attachment 14170
Thx for the good pic. How many lanes in that old ramp? Any news on when they are going to start getting it ready to use? With maybe only a few weeks left for the Wahweap main ramp to be usable, seems to me getting this ramp rehab project started sooner rather than later would make sense. Who is making these decisions? How do we keep up to date on them?

Mrs. BigDogGuy

Wow, that video that was posted from the SLC news said two months to construct it? If that is accurate, it makes the lake of effort over the last few months pretty much pathetic.
I do believe there will be some businesses that don't make it, between Covid and now this, it's reprehensible for planning to not be better.

drewsxmi

If there is somebody in Wahweap doing a bit of boots on the ground surveying this weekend, also take a look at a possible ramp southbound from the area where the fuel docks are. It would dive under the rental slips at the marina, so it might be less useful than the Stateline Auxiliary ramp.

Brent

Hmm so it is larger then I thought! Our first year on Powell was 2004 and then in 2006. We skipped 2005 and back then we only rented from Aramark so we had no clue there was issues with the ramps back then. Our first time we actually launched was 2007 and we had no problems that year.

And to all those drainers out there. Lets not forget, Powell was back up to 3660 in 2011 just 6 years after the last low water year of 2005

If there is somebody in Wahweap doing a bit of boots on the ground surveying this weekend, also take a look at a possible ramp southbound from the area where the fuel docks are. It would dive under the rental slips at the marina, so it might be less useful than the Stateline Auxiliary ramp.
Will be at Wahweap tomorrow AM. Will look at all the different ramps and areas. Will take a number of pics and upload

Dougie

Weak KUTV reporter. Softball questions. They are paid to ask truth to power. That's the job of the press. Why not ask the NPS guy "you guys are tasked with keeping this place open with public access to the water. At 1.5 feet water level drop per week, this main ramp will be un-usable in 4 weeks. It's damned sketchy now. Why are we starting a 2-month project on that auxiliary ramp just now--why not back in April or May? Who couldn't see this coming? What do you say to people who lost their pre-paid houseboat vacations with hardly any notice in the last 10 days? What do you tell people who want to come down here starting later in August and the entire south lake will be closed to motorized launches? The Labor Day weekend is probably going to be a bust. Who made these decisions (and not doing anything IS a decision)". If the guy won't answer, do a phone interview with his supervisor. Put them on the air and make them give real answers, not just mumbo-jumbo platitudes about 20 years in the future. Why put something that silly on air?

Meatwagon

Weak KUTV reporter. Softball questions. They are paid to ask truth to power. That's the job of the press. Why not ask the NPS guy "you guys are tasked with keeping this place open with public access to the water. At 1.5 feet water level drop per week, this main ramp will be un-usable in 4 weeks. It's damned sketchy now. Why are we starting a 2-month project on that auxiliary ramp just now--why not back in April or May? Who couldn't see this coming? What do you say to people who lost their pre-paid houseboat vacations with hardly any notice in the last 10 days? What do you tell people who want to come down here starting later in August and the entire south lake will be closed to motorized launches? The Labor Day weekend is probably going to be a bust. Who made these decisions (and not doing anything IS a decision)". If the guy won't answer, do a phone interview with his supervisor. Put them on the air and make them give real answers, not just mumbo-jumbo platitudes about 20 years in the future. Why put something that silly on air?
At least it is some information, even if it is not what we want to here.

Brent

The question is:

Is the delay in opening the Legacy ramp pure stupidity or shear genius? Is it up to the NPS to get the Legacy ramp open or does Aramark have a say and do they want all launch and retrieval to end so Aramark can have a true monopoly on the usage of Lake Powell? Hmmmmmmmmm!!

Or is the NPS really just another stupid government entity with no forethought what so ever??

The 11 scariest words I ever heard are: "We are with the Government and we are hear to help."

Last edited:

Boat 405

Ok, so after searching on google maps/earth for a bit. I think this is the best I can find of where the ramp is and what it generally looks like. You can see the road going winding down from below the fish cleaning station. I have no idea of width or anything as it is mostly covered with sand. We launched from Halls crossing in 2005, So I have never seen the ramp in person.

Attachments

• Stateline Auxillary Ramp2.jpg
    Stateline Auxillary Ramp2.jpg
    214.6 KB · Views: 83