Stanton Creek

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtnpull

We are heading down next week and will be on the lake from Monday -Saturday (after the holiday crowds leave). I usually stay in the RV campground at bullfrog but since we will have multiple families going and some in tents we are going to find a spot at Stanton Creek where we can be close to the water and all camp together. With that said, I will need to stay in touch with my staff at work and was wondering what the cell service is like there. Any feedback is appreciative. I hope to get a fair amount of fishing in but due to the group that is going there may be a bit more action on the paddle boards, kayaks and wave runners. Anyhow, thanks!

I've had medium-to-great reception in Stanton Creek - depending on the year, water level, etc. I think the best was in 2015 when I stayed on the eastern shore of the main Stanton Creek (longest center finger) channel. I was able to post photos to social media and even watch weather pattern video clips with no problem. Of course, I'm on Verizon. Anything else may be a no go.

It is OK, with one to two bars on shore for me, but I have always had great reception right outside the mouth and a little towards halls. I like to paddle over to halls on the SUP in the morning before wind and boat traffic. Good fishing behind the houseboats as well.

TR

I work from Stanton every year. I can hot spot from my phone giving me internet and email. Verizon is the only carrier that works well. Before you set up camp be sure to check the bars available. 50 feet can make a difference in the reception you have.

You know TR, Years ago my flip phone was the ONLY phone that would work almost everywhere on the lake. That says alot about ATT analog phone systems. The newer digital service isn't nearly as good as the old stuff. They stopp supporting the 2G systems a few years ago, that is the ONLY reason I have a new smart phone. Sq

You know TR, Years ago my flip phone was the ONLY phone that would work almost everywhere on the lake. That says alot about ATT analog phone systems. The newer digital service isn't nearly as good as the old stuff. They stopp supporting the 2G systems a few years ago, that is the ONLY reason I have a new smart phone. Sq
Agreed... those old system had better and wider coverage..

I knew yall would come through for me. I have Verizon so I should be good. I'd love to be in a position to just leave the phone at home for the week but I'm just not at that stage of life yet. Being tied to that phone is what makes it possible for me to get to the lake as much as we do. Hopefully the weather and the fish cooperate! Also what's the current water temp? Kids are gonna be in and out of the water all week!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back