Stanton creek kayaking

Status
Not open for further replies.
My son and I and maybe a couple friends are headed to Stanton creek this weekend to try and catch a few fish. Just taking kayaks on this trip. I'll be in a red dodge truck with 2 blue kayaks, stop and say hi if you see us. With any luck we'll have some fish to cook up.

I've been watching the weather and wind pretty close. Figured even if it's too windy to get out on the water we can fish from shore and just hang out. We haven't been since labor day and need to get back down there, it will still be better weather than if we stayed home. Need to check and see if there are any good camp spots we could have a couple boats at on Easter too.

Have fun and report back. I fished from shore there last weekend and only caught one bass. Water is warming fast though I bet fishing will be better in the coming weeks.

We got down there late friday afternoon and set up camp in the light wind, we missed most of the storm. We threw anchovies in the water as soon as the truck stopped. Saturday was mostly windy but not so bad that we couldnt take the kayaks out. Tried fishing all up and down Stanton creek throughout the day with no luck. The weather Sunday was amazing. Very light wind and mostly sunny. Tried fishing throughout the day again with not even a bite. Finally around 3 my friend caught a striper on an anchovie, that was the only fish of the trip so we fried him up that evening. We soaked the nuggets in Franks hot sauce then rolled around in flour, salt and pepper. This has become my favorite way to cook fish the last year. Monday morning was another amazing day but we had to pack up and head back to the real world. Only 1 fish the whole trip but there is no where else i would have rather been.

The roads in were good for the most part, a lot of places you could pull a 5th wheel and get to in a 2wd if you take your time and pick the right roads.

It is the portico awning kit from springbar. It zips to the tent and comes with 6 extra poles to configure it in different ways. It was the best accessories I purchased when I bought the tent.
20160323_191005.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back