Stanton Creek Fishing Suggestions for 9/8 to 9/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Planning to go to Stanton Creek on 9/11/2019 and wondering if we can get some insight as to tackle and locations near this area for fishing this time of year. First trip ever here so were flying blind. Any constructive advise and suggestions will be greatly appreciated. We do have a 24 foot boat we are taking on the trip. Have plenty of tackle, poles, downriggers, etc but would like to narrow down to the best options so we aren't bringing it all.

Thanks

Taking a truck camper in there and hoping to get a spot not too far from the boat. Kids (30ish), are pulling the boat down, and planing to tent it with us being the food and water resource. My daughter expressed some concern as to how muddy the shoreline may currently be. Any ideas on that in additon to my above questions?

Thanks

Hi,

Planning to go to Stanton Creek on 9/11/2019 and wondering if we can get some insight as to tackle and locations near this area for fishing this time of year. First trip ever here so were flying blind. Any constructive advise and suggestions will be greatly appreciated. We do have a 24 foot boat we are taking on the trip. Have plenty of tackle, poles, downriggers, etc but would like to narrow down to the best options so we aren't bringing it all.

Thanks

Today we caught stripers on top water lures (Ima Skimmer, Sammy, Jumpin Minnow)
Trolling near surface activity (Lucky craft HD Pointers in chartreuse shad color, Lucky craft LVs,)
No spooning fish today but I would have a 1.5 ounce spoon ready to drop right after a boil.

Check my fishing lure page for more information. https://wayneswords.net/threads/lake-powell-striper-lure-list.1605/

There should not be a lot of mud as most of the shoreline is rocky with sand/mud spots for boat parking. I prefer the North side of Stanton so I can keep my boat out of the storms that come from the West. I’ve had my best 5 day boil fishin’ trip 50’ from the RV parked at Stanton, 9/20/17. Didn’t need the boat. I take my 24’ RV down there so a truck/camper no problem. It is all of 6 miles of dirt road from the highway. The only lure I used was a 2.5” blue/white top water popper. I can attach a video if you don’t mind tipping your head to watch it. Bathrooms are probably within walking distance at this water level. Sq

A good selection of paddle tail swim baits , single and double tail grubs, and some hula grubs would be a good idea.

Love to see your video if you can supply it or a link. So, to get to the north side of Stanton, do you stay on the main road going in or is there some trekking off the beaten path.

After you get past the Stanton check station the first right fork says 4 X 4 recommended. I go left. The road goes between restrooms # 10 & 2 then between RR’s #3 & 1. At RR# 5 I go left down the little hill then start looking for that right spot. The roads aren’t that bad but there are spots you may want to walk first on your way down to the lake. Primary, get a spot for the boat first then the rest is easy. Sorry, the video is too large to send on this site. Send me a PM with a # or email and I’ll send it. Sq

Once you get past #5 you’ll go towards the lake 200 yds then make a U-turn to the left towards the North shore of Stanton. At that point you should be about 75 yds from the water. From there pick a spot. Sq

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back