South lake fishing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mega Bite

Spent Thursday-Monday fishing the Southern part of the lake with a couple of friends. Launched from Wahweap every day. Motored out to Gunsight, Padre, West, Last Chance, and Rock Creek.

They were out the day before I arrived. Went to Rock Creek. Found active stripers chasing shad all over the water column. And did not catch one striper.

Back of Last Chance has lots of shad. Found an active striper school on one day. Jigged up 15 then they moved. Found them twice more but no more hits. Every other day we could find only ones or twos, no schools.

Gunsight had schools all over one day, smaller schools and individuals the next day.
Never did find stripers in Padre or West Canyon.
Rock Creek had schools all over one day, next day it was a ghost town.

Best pattern found was the last day in Rock Creek. Let the boat drift over 30-70' of water. Jigged up one or multiples as stripers appeared below us. That was our best day with 26.

On two different days I caught 2, Tyler caught 3 first thing in the morning. Then no more hits for the rest of the day. That is some tough fishing,.

Bass fishing was also tough. Fished shore, 15', 30', slick rock, broken rock, cliffs, etc, etc. Best smallies came from jigging stripers at 70'.

Weather was perfect (except for the last hour of the last day...) Scenery was amazing as usual. Company the awesome!

DSC_0029 (Medium).JPG DSC_0177 (Medium).JPG

Spent Thursday-Monday fishing the Southern part of the lake with a couple of friends. Launched from Wahweap every day. Motored out to Gunsight, Padre, West, Last Chance, and Rock Creek.

They were out the day before I arrived. Went to Rock Creek. Found active stripers chasing shad all over the water column. And did not catch one striper.

Back of Last Chance has lots of shad. Found an active striper school on one day. Jigged up 15 then they moved. Found them twice more but no more hits. Every other day we could find only ones or twos, no schools.

Gunsight had schools all over one day, smaller schools and individuals the next day.
Never did find stripers in Padre or West Canyon.
Rock Creek had schools all over one day, next day it was a ghost town.

Best pattern found was the last day in Rock Creek. Let the boat drift over 30-70' of water. Jigged up one or multiples as stripers appeared below us. That was our best day with 26.

On two different days I caught 2, Tyler caught 3 first thing in the morning. Then no more hits for the rest of the day. That is some tough fishing,.

Bass fishing was also tough. Fished shore, 15', 30', slick rock, broken rock, cliffs, etc, etc. Best smallies came from jigging stripers at 70'.

Weather was perfect (except for the last hour of the last day...) Scenery was amazing as usual. Company the awesome!

View attachment 6486 View attachment 6485
Is that Dan from FishTech in the darker blue shirt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back