South End

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Wayne out of the area I will attempt to give an update of the south end, more specifically the cookie jar area. We first fished briefly on Tuesday evening for a couple of hours and caught one smallmouth and one striper trolling. On Wednesday morning we went to the back of cookie jar and immediately started catching with both topwaters and jigging. We caught steady for about an hour and caught about 30 really nice stripers then it just stopped.
Went out again Wednesday evening about 2 hours before dark. Fairly slow to begin with, almost ready to go search somewhere else and all of a sudden it blew up. Surrounded by fish we battled in behalf of the little shad for about another hour before darkness forced our retreat. Total for the evening 63 fish.
All fish were as fat and healthy as I have ever seen. I am guessing that each fish is yielding about 1.5 to 2 lbs of meat.
We were using everything from fancy expensive topwaters to inexpensive storm single hook for the little ones to use for safety reasons. Silver and multicolored jigs of all sorts were successful. Awesome fishing.
Perhaps another report tomorrow.

New
With Wayne out of the area I will attempt to give an update of the south end, more specifically the cookie jar area. We first fished briefly on Tuesday evening for a couple of hours and caught one smallmouth and one striper trolling. On Wednesday morning we went to the back of cookie jar and immediately started catching with both topwaters and jigging. We caught steady for about an hour and caught about 30 really nice stripers then it just stopped.
Went out again Wednesday evening about 2 hours before dark. Fairly slow to begin with, almost ready to go search somewhere else and all of a sudden it blew up. Surrounded by fish we battled in behalf of the little shad for about another hour before darkness forced our retreat. Total for the evening 63 fish.
All fish were as fat and healthy as I have ever seen. I am guessing that each fish is yielding about 1.5 to 2 lbs of meat.
We were using everything from fancy expensive topwaters to inexpensive storm single hook for the little ones to use for safety reasons. Silver and multicolored jigs of all sorts were successful. Awesome fishing.
Perhaps another report tomorrow.
I am new to south end but where is cookie jar area.

It is in the north end of Padre Bay. Cookie Jar is an unmistakable rock formation. When you see it you will know. Go all the way back in, keeping the cookie jar on your right side going north.

Received this text from our houseboat partner yesterday, he's fishing the Jaun.

"Cha was loaded with shad late yesterday. It was like shooting fish in a barrel. Every cast. We must have caught at least 50. Heading back there today."

Received this text from our houseboat partner yesterday, he's fishing the Jaun.

"Cha was loaded with shad late yesterday. It was like shooting fish in a barrel. Every cast. We must have caught at least 50. Heading back there today."
Cha?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back