Soft plastics on bottom bouncers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garry

Has anyone tried soft plastics with scents other than night crawlers on bottom bouncers?

Are you wondering about walleye? We try to go once a month year round and we use crawler harnesses. It is rare that we don't catch at least some walleye, and my wife only uses live crawlers, but I'm always trying to outfish her and I've tried many different plastics. I always have Gulp crawlers on hand and there are times when they do work. Better than live? Not so sure about that, I would say from my experience that it depends on the time of year although the stripers hammer them regardless. In addition to Gulp, I actually prefer Baitmate UltraLive 4" worms. There are others out there I'm sure, but anytime I do use artificial, I also use the real thing alongside them. Yes I have caught walleye on them alone and I always carry them and try new ones, but nothing beats the original. I like them the most during the warm weather because the bluegill pick you clean.

Thanks for the info. Sq
Are you wondering about walleye? We try to go once a month year round and we use crawler harnesses. It is rare that we don't catch at least some walleye, and my wife only uses live crawlers, but I'm always trying to outfish her and I've tried many different plastics. I always have Gulp crawlers on hand and there are times when they do work. Better than live? Not so sure about that, I would say from my experience that it depends on the time of year although the stripers hammer them regardless. In addition to Gulp, I actually prefer Baitmate UltraLive 4" worms. There are others out there I'm sure, but anytime I do use artificial, I also use the real thing alongside them. Yes I have caught walleye on them alone and I always carry them and try new ones, but nothing beats the original. I like them the most during the warm weather because the bluegill pick you clean.
Good information!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back