Social distancing

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtnpull

So the onslaught of shut downs is killing the economy and my business is taking a direct hit. We rely on ski tourists to the park city and salt lake areas and with all the ski resorts shut down our primary clientele is disappearing. Add to that many large groups cancelling and requesting money back and it's looking to be a tough couple of months. Hopefully it isn't so bad that I have to sell the boat to get through it all! So with this all in mind I may wrap up some loose ends at work over the next week and then head to powell and practice my social distancing by spending a week or two on the lake fishing. Not sure if I would hit up stanton creek or go to wawheep area quite yet. I usually do stanton. But it may be nice to have some luxuries such as found in Page close by. With that said are we aware of any restrictions or closures the the facilities down there? Anything anticipated? I checked the websites and it appears it's business as usual, but just curious as to what others have heard or are seeing. Anyone else might be at the lake next week or the week following?

If the wind does not blow we are looking around the 25th, probably tent camping but not determined yet. Still watching the darn weather. Keep us posted with what you decide. Maybe we will be there the same time. Hope it is still open!

So the onslaught of shut downs is killing the economy and my business is taking a direct hit. We rely on ski tourists to the park city and salt lake areas and with all the ski resorts shut down our primary clientele is disappearing. Add to that many large groups cancelling and requesting money back and it's looking to be a tough couple of months. Hopefully it isn't so bad that I have to sell the boat to get through it all! So with this all in mind I may wrap up some loose ends at work over the next week and then head to powell and practice my social distancing by spending a week or two on the lake fishing. Not sure if I would hit up stanton creek or go to wawheep area quite yet. I usually do stanton. But it may be nice to have some luxuries such as found in Page close by. With that said are we aware of any restrictions or closures the the facilities down there? Anything anticipated? I checked the websites and it appears it's business as usual, but just curious as to what others have heard or are seeing. Anyone else might be at the lake next week or the week following?
Best of luck to you, I have friends getting laid off in the mountains already, everything shutting down for the season.

I’m heading up Sunday for 8 days .

Antelope Canyon and rest of the rez are closed. Some of the restaurants are doing only take out. Wal-Mart was only missing TP on Thursday afternoon, by the weekend there was no flour, no bread, no pasta, no soup, no TP, no cleaning supplies, no canned meats, no canned veggies, no rice, no beans. But they are getting shipments and are stocking the shelves, they also closed overnight for cleaning and stocking. Other than that everything feels pretty normal, but recalling that government shut down Autumn when they closed the launches and put a huge gate across AP launch ramp, I am a bit nervous. They'd better not lock us out of the lake.

In the meantime, I still have guests for some of the days in my vacation rental houses.

There would be no conceivable reason to shut down the lake. This stuff spreads when there are lots of people close together. They are pretty spread out on the lake. Even at the launch ramps and fish cleaning station I would think the chances of catching this would be minimal. In short, the lake and the area around it is likely one of the safest places in the country, far safer than most homes. ❓

Ed Gerdemann

There would be no conceivable reason to shut down the lake. This stuff spreads when there are lots of people close together. They are pretty spread out on the lake. Even at the launch ramps and fish cleaning station I would think the chances of catching this would be minimal. In short, the lake and the area around it is likely one of the safest places in the country, far safer than most homes. ❓

Ed Gerdemann
Completely agree with you. But my concern is a blanket decision would be made that is the same at all National Parks. Yellowstone (and other busy parks) maybe should be closed. But I don’t think they will make an exception for Powell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back