Slow Fishin

Status
Not open for further replies.

DocN

Buddy and I went down Sunday afternoon. Was on the water Monday morning at 9:00 am. Sunny skies and no clouds. Went up Warm creek trolling while watching the graph and looking for birds. Wasn’t seeing anything on the graph. About noon we started on a couple sandwiches and headed toward some birds. A few fish showed up on the graph and we immediately dropped spoons. Buddy caught one fish and they disappeared. The wind came up so we headed back in. Tuesday morning we launched from Antelope, again just after 9:00. Went to antelope canyon and saw a few fish just inside the mouth. We had one bite but couldn’t close the deal. Nothing else seen in Antelope. Went up Navajo canyon and didn’t find any. Sunny skies in the morning and no wind. The reflected clouds and red and white cliffs made a calendar picture.
Although we didn’t catch a lot of fish, the beauty of the lake and canyons were well worth the trip.A5DF8D28-3591-4CA0-B348-5EB50FA9BB0D.jpeg

Last edited:
These fat fish are fussy. We tried Rock Creek, Last Chance, Dove, Buoy 25, Warm Creek and caught 8 fish for 3 anglers. Some days the fish are really stubborn due to weather, barometric pressure, moon phase and whatever else I can blame. Fishing results will improve as the water begins to warm in the springtime. I am not sure what these fat fish will do, but will continue to check on them each week and report the results.

I did ok Sunday about 10am-12 in warm creek. Trolled various divers at 2.5mph. Caught about 10. Only 3 fat ones were kept. All caught in water less than 40 ft. Did not see near the amount i usually do nor did i get the bigger fish i usually do. I had about 5 or more hits with no hook up which makes me believe they were more timid than normal.IMG_0989.JPG

I did ok Sunday about 10am-12 in warm creek. Trolled various divers at 2.5mph. Caught about 10. Only 3 fat ones were kept. All caught in water less than 40 ft. Did not see near the amount i usually do nor did i get the bigger fish i usually do. I had about 5 or more hits with no hook up which makes me believe they were more timid than normal.View attachment 6866
Looks like you had good company at least

I did ok Sunday about 10am-12 in warm creek. Trolled various divers at 2.5mph. Caught about 10. Only 3 fat ones were kept. All caught in water less than 40 ft. Did not see near the amount i usually do nor did i get the bigger fish i usually do. I had about 5 or more hits with no hook up which makes me believe they were more timid than normal.View attachment 6866
Nice fishing boat and partner! You have a system that looks like it works great. We will all catch more fish in March- and maybe February.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back