Shorefishing bullfrog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishinislife93

Going with my girlfriend and her family to bullfrog this weekend. I have never fished there I've always fished wahweap and antelope. Would really like to know if I'm going to be able to fish from the shore. If so what should I target? Stripers, lmb,walleye? Kind of on a budget or else I would've just tried to find a guide. Thanks in advance tightlines everyone!

I am not too familiar with it but I'm sure it would work, throw what you are confident in. Bring brown, green and Shad color lures. Just be careful if you are going to be finesse fishing of getting caught up bringing it back up the slope fishing from shore.

Any spots you would recommend around there that are good on stripers right now even if it's with chovies id like to get my girlfriend into some. Short attention span lol just don't tell her I said that!

This time of year even your girlfriend could stay enthused with fish catching from shore. Not sure of any specific shoreline spots for stripers

If I were you, I would plan to spend at least part of one night fishing the under the lights at the dock/slips. Fishing can be incredible there.

If I were you, I would plan to spend at least part of one night fishing the under the lights at the dock/slips. Fishing can be incredible there.
Fishing the docks at BF? I thought that you can't fish off the docks?

Shore fishing is great at Bullfrog this time of year. We use any grub but the past few years smoke or the brown mentioned above have worked well. Another favorite is the JB Special tube jig. Green body with a gray bottom. If the Bass are still spawning, chartreuse with black works wonderful as well. Be sure to head over to Stanton Creek as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back