Shore striper fishing

Status
Not open for further replies.

cswabby

I am going to bring some scouts down to Page on the 29th of March for a few days of fishing. Any recommendations on where to go and what to use from shore.

Thanks

Best bet I think would be the fishing dock at Wahweap. There are other places, but this might be the safest spot for a bunch of young ones. And there is a fair chance of catching something. Looking for structure at the south end is more difficult than at the north end, at least from shore. Wayne might have another spot in his pocket for scouts.

I will try to get out this week and try shallow water and let you know. Right now, I would recommend walking the shoreline in the back of Warm Creek via the Crosby Canyon Road if you are coming to Wahweap. If its Bullfrog then Stanton Creek is a good option. With the weather warming, bass may be ready to bite in the shallows near shore.

I will try to get out this week and try shallow water and let you know. Right now, I would recommend walking the shoreline in the back of Warm Creek via the Crosby Canyon Road if you are coming to Wahweap. If its Bullfrog then Stanton Creek is a good option. With the weather warming, bass may be ready to bite in the shallows near shore.
Thanks so much!

Best bet I think would be the fishing dock at Wahweap. There are other places, but this might be the safest spot for a bunch of young ones. And there is a fair chance of catching something. Looking for structure at the south end is more difficult than at the north end, at least from shore. Wayne might have another spot in his pocket for scouts.
Thanks for the info!

I had some boys up there last summer and they fished on the page side of the dam where you can park and walk down. They did fairly well but the stripers were hungry then and eating anchovies. You can walk down to the lake in several areas there and also along the Antelope Point ramp. Lots of places to fish if the fish are hungry.

I had some boys up there last summer and they fished on the page side of the dam where you can park and walk down. They did fairly well but the stripers were hungry then and eating anchovies. You can walk down to the lake in several areas there and also along the Antelope Point ramp. Lots of places to fish if the fish are hungry.
How do you fish the anchovies ?

From shore I wouldn't use any at all. If it is a steep bank just cast out as far as you can and let it sink along the wall. Try different depths and let it just keep sinking till you get bit. Probably always best to chum the area first too. This year is always hard to say though.

We used to drive around in the boat and stop and bank fish lol. Farley canyon was good for sucker meat of the bank. Anchovies are a little soft to cast so we took suckers and cut them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back