Shore Camping Access From Bullfrog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fabfabe

Headed up tomorrow through Saturday for my second trip over the last month with my new boat. Previous trip we stayed in Scorup Canyon and it was fantastic. However the drive was quite long with a gear loaded pontoon for four and only a 90 HP motor. Looking for some recommendations on a good calm canyon that is a little less of a drive. This is the wife's first fishing trip to LP and want to make it a fun one for her. Thank you.

This time of year you probably have your pick of the best spots on the lake. If you want really close to Bullfrog, Stanton can be nice (but not very private). You can camp with your boat in the water and your tow vehicle and supplies on the shore. Then you have the usual boat-in suspects like Hansen, Moki, and Forgotten, but the most camp-able sites are deep into each of those canyons. If you want something a little further north, with a flat-ish campsite not too far from the main channel, I really like Knowles. Good Hope has tons of opportunity, but may be farther than you want to travel. Good luck!

there is a beautiful spot towards the back of forgotten canyon , only about a 30 or 40 min ride depending on the speed of your pontoon, it is on the right side going in, big beautiful beach with a lot of firewood, and probably available this time of year, smith fork directly across the channel also has some nice sights towards the back of the canyon, I use both of those . hope that helps

It all depends on which direction you want to go, and how much time you are willing to spend getting there.

North has been covered. Going south, I would suggest Iceberg or Slick Rock. Rincon has some nice spots as well.

This time of year you probably have your pick of the best spots on the lake. If you want really close to Bullfrog, Stanton can be nice (but not very private). You can camp with your boat in the water and your tow vehicle and supplies on the shore. Then you have the usual boat-in suspects like Hansen, Moki, and Forgotten, but the most camp-able sites are deep into each of those canyons. If you want something a little further north, with a flat-ish campsite not too far from the main channel, I really like Knowles. Good Hope has tons of opportunity, but may be farther than you want to travel. Good luck!

Thinking about heading down the first weekend in May, but worried that north won't be fishable, is the Stanton area decent for fishing or does it get hit pretty hard? Also, do the walleye make it down that far? Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't help you with Stanton for fishing. People do fish in there, but I have no experience. You are, however, located right off of Bullfrog Bay which can be good-to-great and near several other fish-able canyons. I'll let the real fishermen respond. I was just pointing out camp-able areas.

Charles,

While Stanton gets hit harder than other places there are lots of fish including walleye. So many places to explore. I stay there with the family occasionally when the weather does not look the best and I bring the camper. Plenty of good fishing to be had.

TR

There are a lot of camp spots close to Stanton just upriver and plenty of fishing around Bullfrog including spots that can produce walleye, one could spend a lot of time fishing the shoreline from Bullfrog into Halls and run into all of the species in the lake.

Charles,

While Stanton gets hit harder than other places there are lots of fish including walleye. So many places to explore. I stay there with the family occasionally when the weather does not look the best and I bring the camper. Plenty of good fishing to be had.

TR
Thank you very much for the information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back