September 30-October 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan

Long time lurker thought I’d report on our fishing trip we just finished. 5 days we chased them around the lake based out of Bullfrog, we went to the Escalante 2x and went north one day. Best fishing was in the Escalante, we fished twice there and caught stripers, smb and a few lmb mixed in. Spoons for the stripers and double tail pumpkin colored grubs for the bass. Although some of the bigger smallies and lmb we pulled up on spoons. Compared to Bullfrog area and up north the fish were practically jumping in the boat.

Spent one day up in striper city, poor visibility maybe 2-3 ft at best, water temp was high 60s in the am and climbed over 70 before we called it a day. Fishing results matched the visibility not much luck. Lots of shad everywhere up there with stripers mingled in but not many takers of our spoons.

Stanton Creek was loaded with shad and we found some willing ‘victims’ chasing our spoons, including a nice fat walleye who got his revenge by spitting up shad in my boat before I got him in the livewell haha.

Catch rates were slow in Stanton and Halls though we did manage to find some of the dumber ones ;) Over all the trip did not produce a ton of fish every day like we’d hope but it still beats any day at work. We’re planning another trip first of November if work schedules cooperate looking forward to what we find then.

Thanks for the report, sounds like our recent trip, the North end is slow. I am going back one more time and kind of watching reports to help determine when. I hope fellow fishermen will keep us up to date on how the fishing is. Again nice report and thank you for it. DW

DAVE, it looks like we will be there on 11/3 for 3 or 4 days to fish then put the boat and RV away for the season. We will be in the BF campground as usual. If you are around stop by. Sq

DAVE, it looks like we will be there on 11/3 for 3 or 4 days to fish then put the boat and RV away for the season. We will be in the BF campground as usual. If you are around stop by. Sq
That might work for me, I will keep you in the loop. I would enjoy a weekend there the same time as you!

Well the weather forecast made me take the 922 mile round trip to Offshore EARLY Monday morning. Winterized both units and headed back Monday afternoon. Left at 2:00 A. M. and got home at 6:30 Long day of driving. Might make it back this year, but I doubt it. Sq

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back