San Juan Zombies, etc

PowellBride

Ryans skin walkers, Zombies and Vampires are still scaring crowds away from the SJ. 2-1/2 days we've only spotted 2 other houseboats and maybe 8-10 boats/jet skis from Cha to the start of the Great Bend. Fishing is s little slow, but our fishermen found a LMB honey hold this afternoon up past Neshki

Bill Sampson

Ryans skin walkers, Zombies and Vampires are still scaring crowds away from the SJ. 2-1/2 days we've only spotted 2 other houseboats and maybe 8-10 boats/jet skis from Cha to the start of the Great Bend. Fishing is s little slow, but our fishermen found a LMB honey hold this afternoon up past Neshki
Is there a lot of debris floating up there? I encountered a lot when I was there in July as I got closer to Great Bend.

Jimbo

We saw just a few 3 to 4 foot logs before reaching the Great Bend the week before Labor Day. Go around the bend and there is a lot of surface scum and more smaller logs. Sure was hot that week for this time of year.

Pegasus

We were exploring the Escalante yesterday - I think that is where everyone is going now with all of the zombie reports from the San Juan. It was like being in Warm Creek or Halls Creek Bay yesterday - at least 30+ runabouts exploring the canyon. I've seen fewer up there in July!

Bill Sampson

We saw just a few 3 to 4 foot logs before reaching the Great Bend the week before Labor Day. Go around the bend and there is a lot of surface scum and more smaller logs. Sure was hot that week for this time of year.
Thanks for the update.
I was in that area in early July when the heat wave passed through, and we definitely had more wind than I normally experience at that time of year. I tried to take jet skis into Great Bend, but at that time the debris field was too thick. It appears it has dispersed now.