San Juan Zombies, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

PowellBride

Staff member
Ryans skin walkers, Zombies and Vampires are still scaring crowds away from the SJ. 2-1/2 days we've only spotted 2 other houseboats and maybe 8-10 boats/jet skis from Cha to the start of the Great Bend. Fishing is s little slow, but our fishermen found a LMB honey hold this afternoon up past Neshki

Ryans skin walkers, Zombies and Vampires are still scaring crowds away from the SJ. 2-1/2 days we've only spotted 2 other houseboats and maybe 8-10 boats/jet skis from Cha to the start of the Great Bend. Fishing is s little slow, but our fishermen found a LMB honey hold this afternoon up past Neshki
Is there a lot of debris floating up there? I encountered a lot when I was there in July as I got closer to Great Bend.

We saw just a few 3 to 4 foot logs before reaching the Great Bend the week before Labor Day. Go around the bend and there is a lot of surface scum and more smaller logs. Sure was hot that week for this time of year.

We were exploring the Escalante yesterday - I think that is where everyone is going now with all of the zombie reports from the San Juan. It was like being in Warm Creek or Halls Creek Bay yesterday - at least 30+ runabouts exploring the canyon. I've seen fewer up there in July!

We saw just a few 3 to 4 foot logs before reaching the Great Bend the week before Labor Day. Go around the bend and there is a lot of surface scum and more smaller logs. Sure was hot that week for this time of year.
Thanks for the update.
I was in that area in early July when the heat wave passed through, and we definitely had more wind than I normally experience at that time of year. I tried to take jet skis into Great Bend, but at that time the debris field was too thick. It appears it has dispersed now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back