San Juan Zombies, etc

Discussion in 'Lake Powell Recreation' started by PowellBride, Sep 11, 2017.

1. PowellBride

PowellBride Well-Known Member

Ryans skin walkers, Zombies and Vampires are still scaring crowds away from the SJ. 2-1/2 days we've only spotted 2 other houseboats and maybe 8-10 boats/jet skis from Cha to the start of the Great Bend. Fishing is s little slow, but our fishermen found a LMB honey hold this afternoon up past Neshki

Bill Sampson, Ryan and Meatwagon like this.
  2. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

The walkers probably ate everyone else. People should really listen to the warnings. Only bad news up the SJ. Same applies to GHB as well.......

Bill Sampson and BartsPlace like this.
  3. birdsnest

birdsnest Well-Known Member

Actually the problem is lake wide. The only way to not be a victim is DON'T GO!

4. Bill Sampson

Bill Sampson Well-Known Member

Is there a lot of debris floating up there? I encountered a lot when I was there in July as I got closer to Great Bend.

5. Jimbo

Jimbo Well-Known Member

We saw just a few 3 to 4 foot logs before reaching the Great Bend the week before Labor Day. Go around the bend and there is a lot of surface scum and more smaller logs. Sure was hot that week for this time of year.

6. Pegasus

Pegasus Well-Known Member

We were exploring the Escalante yesterday - I think that is where everyone is going now with all of the zombie reports from the San Juan. It was like being in Warm Creek or Halls Creek Bay yesterday - at least 30+ runabouts exploring the canyon. I've seen fewer up there in July!

Bill Sampson likes this.
  7. Bill Sampson

Bill Sampson Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update.
    I was in that area in early July when the heat wave passed through, and we definitely had more wind than I normally experience at that time of year. I tried to take jet skis into Great Bend, but at that time the debris field was too thick. It appears it has dispersed now.

8. PowellBride

PowellBride Well-Known Member

We have only gone about 1 mile up the Great Bend, but we haven't seen any debris from there to Cha.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
    Bill Sampson likes this.