Runoff debris reports please

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are trying to decide on a trip down and we are wandering what the runoff is doing at Powell. We stay in bullfrog and usually have to go south to find clearer water. The Mud lines and more so, debris in the water are a concern to the motors.
The ground up trees and plants that float have given us problems in the past. Please reply with any info. We are watching the rivers swell in Vail Valley.
Thanks in advance.

Our sampling crew just got back last night and reported there was floating debris in the water from Bullfrog to Good Hope. The wood was scattered so it was possible to run on plane all the way and just dodge occasional logs and branches. Around the Horn it got very dicey with much more debris. I don't recommend going past Good Hope Bay.

Our sampling crew just got back last night and reported there was floating debris in the water from Bullfrog to Good Hope. The wood was scattered so it was possible to run on plane all the way and just dodge occasional logs and branches. Around the Horn it got very dicey with much more debris. I don't recommend going past Good Hope Bay.
Thanks Wayne we really appreciate the report

We just got back from a week. Stayed at the back of Bullfrog Bay. Fished up to Moki. There were a few smaller logs an debris but not bad at all. We skied and surfed for the entire week without dodging things. Water about 76. After pulling out we learned that since last Sunday they no longer clean the boats?? Wondering how that is going to help? They say you need to get it clean where you are going. What if they don't have the equipment? It sure didn't make a lot of sense to me, but it was the government.:rolleyes:

We just got back from a week. Stayed at the back of Bullfrog Bay. Fished up to Moki. There were a few smaller logs an debris but not bad at all. We skied and surfed for the entire week without dodging things. Water about 76. After pulling out we learned that since last Sunday they no longer clean the boats?? Wondering how that is going to help? They say you need to get it clean where you are going. What if they don't have the equipment? It sure didn't make a lot of sense to me, but it was the government.:rolleyes:

Yes it is really tough as the ramp techs are almost overwhelmed with decons for boats with mussels. Look here for more info:

A couple weeks ago there were a number of floating logs and many smaller sticks from mile marker 55 to 65 as well as the San Juan. I only went 22 miles up the San Juan and it seemed like there were more sticks the further I went up lake. The lower part of the lake (0-50 mile marker) didn’t have as many floating logs but there were still a few. The keel protector on my new boat got scratched up when I ran over a what I thought was a “stick” but it was really a log. I’m sure with the rapid rising water level there are even more logs now.

Did you hear how far up they went? Curious about white/farley and hite areas.

Hey Wayne,
Thanks for the report, I'm not all that worried about logs as we can dodge those like you said.
Do you think the canyons from Bullfrog to Good Hope are going to have clear water for houseboating spots?
We usually go North to avoid the major crowds but are worried all the good spots are going to have murky/ muddy water.
I know the far in spots of the canyons look gross right now.
Thanks in Advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back