Rock Creek Stripers October 3-6

Status
Not open for further replies.

KMartin

Just got back from a rather wet trip to Lake Powell. We camped in the back of Dry Rock Creek Canyon, but didn't find the stripers as willing there as they were in September. We then took Wayne's advice (October 2nd post) and went to the back of Main Rock Creek. We found some reasonably good fishing there. It wasn't as good as our September trip, but still a very satisfying one. Again, my husband was using a chrome 2 oz Hopkins No=EQL lure; I was using a red/silver Hopkins Smoothie lure. I think the Smoothie worked best this trip. We found the best fishing not at the very back, but just off the last western cove in 60-80 feet of water. See picture below - ignore all of the blue dots (I need to eliminate those markers from past trips) - best fishing was around the red circle.

Wonder if the lack of interest on the part of the stripers was the weather, or the phase of the moon, or the fact that the water temperature was still pretty warm.Rock Creek Stripers.jpg

Thank you for the report, may take my 8 year old who is the passionate fisherman down this weekend to bullfrog, had him there the 28th but it was warm and the water temps rising. let's see what the weather does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back