Retirement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning everyone. Today is my last day of work. Let the retirement begin. My first priority is to sell my condo and get out of California. Wherever my final landing place is, it will have to be close to Lake Powell. See you there, and have great Holidays.

Congratulations on a long career and for the desire to now be close to the grandest lake ever. I have watched Lake Powell rise and fall for the last 4 decades and have really enjoyed the experience. I wish you the same opportunity to now live close to this great lake.

I am so jealous right now, I can't wait for my last day so I can head to Powell when I want as apposed to when I can get time off work. Congratulations.

Congratulations! When I retired a few years ago, I moved where I could be 15 minutes away from the Lake Powell launch ramp. I highly recommend it! It's wonderful having each day be the beginning of another 7 day weekend with a big pond in your backyard. If you like to hunt, the public land surrounding Glen Canyon National Recreation Area is another fun playground.

Last edited:
Good morning everyone. Today is my last day of work. Let the retirement begin. My first priority is to sell my condo and get out of California. Wherever my final landing place is, it will have to be close to Lake Powell. See you there, and have great Holidays.

Congratulations Bill!
Hope you enjoy many great times ahead at the lake!
My wife and I are starting to look ahead at this same opportunity. We have been researching areas closer to Powell for a possible move.
Not sure how it will all play out, but fun to think about!
We will follow your progress and wish you the very best!
Happy Thanksgiving!
the BarzArz'

Probably not a Big Deal to some , but getting taxed on your retirement income in Utah or Arizona is kind of a drag. The Mesquite area is 3 1/2 hours away, no State tax there.

Glad to hear your retirement will include more time in what I call a majestic paradise! My husband and I houseboat on Lake Powell...I do the fishing, he Captains the boat. We settled in Prescott, AZ---just enough snow but not as intense as Flagstaff. Close enough to the lake to get there by noon without having to leave too early. We just spent two weeks on our houseboat going from Wahweap Marina to Good Hope Bay and saw so many beautiful sights. Rain off the tall side walls, rainbows, water like glass, beautiful coves, and the list goes on. Our delight this trip was was meeting Wayne Gustaveson and his team up at the end of the San Juan checking out the fishing status! Welcome to the fun side of life...Congratulations!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back