Reel cleaning and servicing

Status
Not open for further replies.

DreamWeaver

Any recommendations for a shop that does reel cleaning and servicing? I’ve got 8 that are long overdue.

Thanks in advance.
DreamWeaver

Any recommendations for a shop that does reel cleaning and servicing? I’ve got 8 that are long overdue.

Thanks in advance.
DreamWeaver
What ever you can do to open up - short of being able to reassemble (like me some times) use a non petroleum base lubricant - I use an AmsOil product - MP (metal protector). I use it on door hinges, guns (stocks and all) and You can keep a can in the boat for emergencies - ie reel drop in the water, sand storm, etc. WD - 40 is a good fish lure attractant, but I do not use it on more delicate items you don't want to carrode.

some good youtube and internet tutorials out there depending on what reels your have, not that hard after doing it a couple of times. Scuba tim do you work for 970 marine?

some good youtube and internet tutorials out there depending on what reels your have, not that hard after doing it a couple of times. Scuba tim do you work for 970 marine?
Nope retired - hydrogeologist for 40 yrs - used to be an Amsoil dealer - great synthetic oil too - but the MP and diesel additives are the best IMHO !! Do not even know where 970 marine is??/ G.Junction??

Nope retired - hydrogeologist for 40 yrs - used to be an Amsoil dealer - great synthetic oil too - but the MP and diesel additives are the best IMHO !! Do not even know where 970 marine is??/ G.Junction??
just saw a guy called scuba on Facebook on 970 marine, yeah they are in junction

It’s not hard to take them apart and service them yourself. Once you do one, you should pretty much have it down. Flush the bearings and clean out and grease your gears and your spools will fly smooth. YouTube one of your reels and how to clean it. It’s fun! Save $$ and you’ll know how thorough the work is.

Ollie Damon’s in Portland,OR. They’ve been around forever and have a good reputation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back