Red Canyon to Blue Notch

Status
Not open for further replies.

upthecreek

I have a map that shows the Red Canyon road going into the Blue Notch campground. Does anybody know if that is possible anymore? And when they show a campground there, what is is really? Thanks in advance

I have a map that shows the Red Canyon road going into the Blue Notch campground. Does anybody know if that is possible anymore? And when they show a campground there, what is is really? Thanks in advance

Im pretty sure the red canyon road is shut down, the best road is into Blue Notch itself, It gets graded once in a while. There is no "campground" in Blue Notch only primitive camping. This is not a road to be taking big camping trailers, RV's or boats in, Ive seen smaller trailer-ed boats and campers in there. A couple spots will need high clearance / 4 wheel drive towards the end of the road. Great place to go

SAWZ is right there is no trail between red canyon and blue notch not for trucks anyway 4 wheeler maybe , there are old mineing roads but there are lots of places that are washed out and i'm not sure what nps policy is on old mineing trails, just getting to the bottoms of the notch and red canyon is tough enough ,i'm in a 3\4 ton truck and i hit bottom 2 or 3 times every trip to blue notch so be careful, i was there for 2 weeks in February and saw no one ,most beautiful place on earth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back