Ranger Boats- Quality Post BassPro Acquisition?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PowellBride

Staff member
we are considering trading in our current Ranger Reatta for a newer model. Does anyone have any experience with Ranger boats since the Bass Pro acquisition?

We love our10 year old Reatta, but Ranger has since addressed a few of our wish list items .....and who doesn't love a new boat? We saw a few negative comments after the Gemwoth acquisition in 2005? Wondered if BassPro has maintained the quality

I have fished with a couple of guides that run Rangers. Dan Swanson and Chad LaChance boats are both incredibly nice. But since they are sponsored doubt you would hear anything negative from them.

A Ranger Reata is the only boat I'd trade our Crestliner in for.
You'd LOVE it. It's a great boat. Rides the rough main channel better than I hoped, and super quick to set up for skiing (though I do less and less of that as each year goes by). The separate rod and ski locker is a huge plus that we haven't seen in any other Fish & Ski combo.

I have a 2012 reata, have not heard anything negative about quality. I had great service from Ranger when under warrenty. I see the one model now of the 1850 will take a 200hp, good idea!

We have the 212 Reata, and would buy the new 212. Just want to be sure that BassPro isn't pushing cost cutting that may show up in a downgrade to the quality we are used to.

For example, I feel like SeaRay quality ticked down after Genmar purchased them. The new SeaRays just don't feel as solid as my old 1990

Have an older 2007 Reata 190vs with a 200 on it, one amazing boat, agree with you all on the quality and the fish ski, with two lockers as Bride stated, just an awesome family platform, with a tournament heart.

we are considering trading in our current Ranger Reatta for a newer model. Does anyone have any experience with Ranger boats since the Bass Pro acquisition?

We love our10 year old Reatta, but Ranger has since addressed a few of our wish list items .....and who doesn't love a new boat? We saw a few negative comments after the Gemwoth acquisition in 2005? Wondered if BassPro has maintained the quality

Just took delivery of an ordered 621 fish series. Lots of bells and whistles. Beautiful boat, workmanship looks great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back