Quick North Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dungee

Keeper of San Juan Secrets
North report, evening March 30th-Morning April 1st.

Man did it feel good to get back to Powell even for just a quick trip. Water temp was above 57 when we put in at Bullfrog 3/30, and for the rest of the trip it ranged from 53-58ish, weather was fantastic but the real difference for us this trip was the time of day. Fishing throughout the day was pretty slow, casting shallower good looking structure we’d go for long periods of time with no bites, then we’d catch like three (smallies) right in a row. But once 5:30/6 hit it was on!

All species came out and were aggressive. Most surprising of all was catching three rogue Stripers that were in the best shape we’d ever seen, great fillets! We caught a handful of nice Crappie, and three really healthy Walleye. We mainly threw single tail shad grubs along with a double tail cinnamon hula. I’d say we just fished a tad bit slower with them at times, especially during the day, evenings it didn’t really matter.

Such a great trip to preview how good it can be in the next couple weeks when we can get back. We figured we ended up with about 85 fish, 80% smallies, 5% walleye, Striper, largy and crappie. All fish in supreme condition. The evenings really saved the trip fishing wise. Water clarity was very clear other than the backs of areas (tocaboo etc) and up past the horn where it turned a good chalky green where I’d say it was 10’ visibility?

Preston

PS- Mussels suck!

75E4D3E2-C090-44D7-86E1-F07EC77E9A05.jpeg
B8A0AC19-3712-4427-A848-CBF6A62B7B7A.jpeg
C6515761-0D6B-4630-9D61-ABC02E8A8A18.jpeg
2192B703-CDF9-4C1E-BBA0-A657462D9DCD.jpeg
7A607FAC-12CB-4AC2-901F-3E877E24DBA9.jpeg

Good reminder to sleep in during spring fishing trips! Thanks for the report. We will be down on the lake Tuesday afternoon!

You guys are awesome! Maybe see you up there then- 23ft crestliner hardtop WAC (walk around cuddy cabin) will be camping on boat

North report, evening March 30th-Morning April 1st.

Man did it feel good to get back to Powell even for just a quick trip. Water temp was above 57 when we put in at Bullfrog 3/30, and for the rest of the trip it ranged from 53-58ish, weather was fantastic but the real difference for us this trip was the time of day. Fishing throughout the day was pretty slow, casting shallower good looking structure we’d go for long periods of time with no bites, then we’d catch like three (smallies) right in a row. But once 5:30/6 hit it was on!

All species came out and were aggressive. Most surprising of all was catching three rogue Stripers that were in the best shape we’d ever seen, great fillets! We caught a handful of nice Crappie, and three really healthy Walleye. We mainly threw single tail shad grubs along with a double tail cinnamon hula. I’d say we just fished a tad bit slower with them at times, especially during the day, evenings it didn’t really matter.

Such a great trip to preview how good it can be in the next couple weeks when we can get back. We figured we ended up with about 85 fish, 80% smallies, 5% walleye, Striper, largy and crappie. All fish in supreme condition. The evenings really saved the trip fishing wise. Water clarity was very clear other than the backs of areas (tocaboo etc) and up past the horn where it turned a good chalky green where I’d say it was 10’ visibility?

Preston

PS- Mussels suck!

View attachment 1877
View attachment 1878
View attachment 1879
View attachment 1880
View attachment 1881
Some nice fish Dungee, heading down Wednesday till Saturday hopefully fill some zip locks!!

I guess you decided not to launch at Hite. Based on Barz Arz pictures probably a wise choice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back