Question about the Lake Powell Water Database

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gem Morris

Keeper of San Juan Secrets
I've always wondered why the database stops updating on the weekends?

There must be some manual process involved in the collection of the data and it requires a government employee to be sitting at their desk at a Mon-Fri normal business hours job to make it happen.

If this is true, what is that process that requires manual input?

There must be some manual process involved in the collection of the data and it requires a government employee to be sitting at their desk at a Mon-Fri normal business hours job to make it happen.

Gem, I believe that "Dave" runs the LPWDB, not a government agency. Of course the DB relies primarily on USBR data. I bet the USBR has manual inputs and the LPWDB is fully automated but for air temperatures. Weekends are sometimes updated later in the day, but I don't think updates stop altogether. My grandkids slept over last night and got me up at dawn. Saturday's water data had not updated, but were there a couple of hours later.

Gem,

It actually is running all the time and the updates occur as soon as the USBR updates their data which I grab. Well, technically, it updates on the first load of any of the Upper Colorado lake databases for all UC lakes after the USBR updates their data. Sometimes, on weekends in particular, the USBR is slow to do their updates. As Trix mentioned, there probably is a manual process in there because Saturday it was really late but did show up later that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back