Plug Type

Status
Not open for further replies.

donzu

I am visiting Lake Powell at the end of month and have rented a slip. The guy at the marina said I need a special plug to connect my charger to the shore power. He said it was a 30Amp 125 volt plug. He said it was best if I brought my own as they can't guarantee availability. Is anyone familiar with the plug i need? I attached a picture of what I think I need?

Attachments

• plug.png
    plug.png
    354.3 KB · Views: 16
I am visiting Lake Powell at the end of month and have rented a slip. The guy at the marina said I need a special plug to connect my charger to the shore power. He said it was a 30Amp 125 volt plug. He said it was best if I brought my own as they can't guarantee availability. Is anyone familiar with the plug i need? I attached a picture of what I think I need?
If you will be hooking up to power in the rented slip on the water, the plug you show in the photo looks correct. It is different than a 30A125V RV plug (marine is round with a threaded ring), and they are not inexpensive, especially if you are only using it once.

There are several kinds of 30 amp 125 v plugs, I sell them in our store. RV, marine and generators all use them. The number off the receptacle or a picture is worth a 1000 words.

I use the same plug adapter that I use when linking my two Honda 2000 generators together for my travel trailer. The 30 amp plug on the second Honda generator is the same as the dock plug. Then I plug the 30 amp RV adapter into it and that converts to 20 amp for a regular extension cord. Just thought you might already have an adapter that will work.

BTW. This confirms an email exchange I had with a Aramark employee at the Bullfrog Marina. She had to check my slip assignment to confirm...apparently some slips have different power configurations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back