Please provide Striper Slurping information for the Bullfrog Area

Status
Not open for further replies.

wayne gustaveson

Staff member
UT DWR personnel are going to collect 100 stripers on Monday and Tuesday near Bullfrog. Can you give me any tips on where slurps have been seen and what the timing is? The fish caught on hook and line will end up in a hatchery in northern UT and become the brood fish to produce hybrid stripers.

We would appreciate any help you can give us. Also what lures are the fish willing to take or are they still very skittish when in casting range?

Watch out for Hatchery trucks on or near the Bullfrog main ramp. WG

Wayne... date 5-29 - 6-4, we located several slurps midday 1:00 - 5:00 pm heading south from Halls between Lake Eden on the north and 1 mile before Lake Canyon as heading south. Mainly located in middle of channel to shore on west side. Two large rubble piles on west wall would be the center of the action. Unfortunately I don't know the mile marker. We apparently did not use small enough bait...numerous hits on 1/4 oz jig heads with plastic grubs, but only tail would get bit off. Appeared to be 8" - 14" fish. Slurps would stay visible for less than a minute.

Wayne, on June 3rd we got into slurping around Halls buoy field. There was several groups going on opposite of the Halls Ferry in those bays on Bull Frog side. We also seen a little group by Moki Wall. We got them to hit silver and blue spoons. We saw them in the evenings about an hour before dark.

Hey Wayne. Been staying at Stanton since monday night, leave on Sunday. Have seen slurps everyday ....although they have been harder to pinpoint since the winds have picked up they are still happening. We have seen them from camp in Stanton, bullfrog bay close to the main channel, multiple points in the main channel north of bullfrog bay. Lots along the moki wall, then north of moki then north of the cove uplake from moki. We have been seeing them from mid morning till dusk. They shouldn't have any problem locating them. However I cant help you on tips to catch them.....I cant figure that one out. Caught plenty trolling the wall north of moki though.

Hey Wayne. Been staying at Stanton since monday night, leave on Sunday. Have seen slurps everyday ....although they have been harder to pinpoint since the winds have picked up they are still happening. We have seen them from camp in Stanton, bullfrog bay close to the main channel, multiple points in the main channel north of bullfrog bay. Lots along the moki wall, then north of moki then north of the cove uplake from moki. We have been seeing them from mid morning till dusk. They shouldn't have any problem locating them. However I cant help you on tips to catch them.....I cant figure that one out. Caught plenty trolling the wall north of moki though.
Trolling is the best fall back position when fishing for these early slurps when shad are tiny.

Mostly saw slurps in in the mornings around the rincon area. Saw a few on the way back to bullfrog. They were not real shy (10 ft from boat) and stayed up for at least a minute or two. Jumping minnow was money, t-10, silver black, and friends did well with a kastmaster.

TR

Wayne my buddy was down-lake near Rincon saw lots of slurps. Killed them with small white shad fly behind a water bubble. Had a less experienced striper chaser with him, he did well on that set up. Caught as many as they wanted, mostly smaller healthy ones he said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back