Pictures of the Cut

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went through it yesterday. No pics, but it's much wider than when I went through it a couple years ago at 3610. I still try to stay middle as possible when going through it.

Here is from August 8. . . plenty wide at the surface. Would be interesting to know how far down are the walls?

Attachments

• 8 8 2017, Lake Powell, Castle Rock Cut   (2).jpg
    8 8 2017, Lake Powell, Castle Rock Cut (2).jpg
    285.6 KB · Views: 80
If it is 53' deep at the cut, it only gets deeper from there. When you get to the main channel, you are probably 500' at least. Not sure how far the rocks extend north from Antelope or from the North side of the channel opening. Pay attention to the bouys, you will be fine.

Albert,
Yes there is water behind Castle rock, 6 to 10 ft. deep. There were four houseboats anchored in what is a very nice and well protected camping area this last week.

Albert,
Yes there is water behind Castle rock, 6 to 10 ft. deep. There were four houseboats anchored in what is a very nice and well protected camping area this last week.
Thanks Fish Finder! Sorry for the late thank you.....Coming in from San Diego trying to get out of what used to be a pretty nice place to live. Been going to Powell on Tradewinds for 25 years now and my wife loves it back there when there is enough water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back