Photo Problems

Edward Gerdemann

I'm having trouble loading photos onto my Anglers' Corner report. I was told all the photos I tried to load except one were too large. Is there a way around this? I don't have that problem with my older photos, but these new ones are being shot with a new SLR camera with more than twice as many pixels as my old camera. Please let me know?

Ed Gerdemann

wayne gustaveson

Staff member
Your photos from the SLR need to be cropped. I expect your photos are about 5000X4000 pixels. You need to downsize them to 1500x1500 or less. I have a Mac computer and just pull them out to the desktop, hit edit and reduce them in less than a minute.

Do you have a photo editor? I am not sure what your computer and camera files you have. Provide more info and maybe I can help?

Grant Stevens - USBR

MS Paint comes with windows (press the windows key, then type "paint".) You can select the resize option (about 25% should be ok.) You can then copy and paste the image into your post (right click on the image in Paint and select copy, they paste into your post (<ctrl-v> to paste.) You can also save the image (save as), then upload the file. Hope this helps.

Edward Gerdemann

Thanks for your advice. The problem is solved! I have a Mac computer. My photo editing program did not allow me to downsize the images, however I was able to pull them out on the desktop and do it from there. It's actually better that way as I can keep the original size in my album in case I want to have prints made. My uploads were successful! :D

Ed Gerdemann