Padre

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geebs

We fished last week from Monday afternoon thru Saturday morning. We caught over 360 bass. By mid week the bass were getting on the beds in a serious way. We caught some very healthy SMB and LMB and a bunch of them. Mostly on plastics, but we did find success on crank baits and jigs from time to time.

I know it is lame, but I lost my bag of crank baits during the trip between Padre Bay and Antelope Point on Wednesday evening. It is a blue and black bag full of lots of goodies. I estimate between $700-$1,000. Love to have someone contact me if they found it. Can you say, "Duh?!"

Steve

Sorry to hear about your goodies, we'll be on the water starting Friday and we'll keep an eye out. Great report, I hope they stay aggressive all weekend and into next week.

Appreciate it! The water is super clear, so we would take a drive by to see where the beds were and then came back a little late and fished from further back so we didn't spook them. The canyons and rock piles fished well, too!

We picked up 30 or so, they really didn't start biting till about 1pm. Water temp was 61 at about 9 am and got up to 67 by 4 pm. caught a bonus crappie, the rest were smb. Went to rock creek today and added lmb and stripers to my Powell slam, still looking for some walleye. Last chance tomorrow so maybe there.

Last edited by a moderator:
We picked up 30 or so, they really didn't start biting till about 1pm. Water temp was 61 at about 9 am and got up to 67 by 4 pm. caught a bonus crappie, the rest were smb. Went to rock creek today and added lmb and stripers to my Powell slam, still looking for some walleye. Last chance tomorrow so maybe there.
How'd you do today

We spent the day in Last chance, picked up another 40 or so small mouth and added a blue gill to the slam. The walleye and crappie were a no show for us, lost one smb at the boat that was probably 20 in. The quality of the fish seems to a lot better than last year. We were throwing 3/8 oz jigs with 4 in single tail Yamamoto, in blue hologram and chart. Pepper. You have to twist my arm really hard to get me to tie on anything else. I think we'll work over face today, I will keep an eye for your bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back