P line

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone used this line? I found it cast really well, but my line broke at the knot a bunch of times. I use the 6 wraps and back thru the loop to tie on jig heads. Is there a better knot for this. Never had this problem before except with braid

I have been using Pline and used the improved fishermans knot 7 wraps back thru the loop and then back thru that loop, wet and cinch down, no problems. Maybe you got some old line?

I use P-line but only with a Palomar knot. I have had no issues with this line but I do pull hard enough on the line when I retie a knot to break it. Sometimes it breaks and then I retie again, pull it hard and if passes the test I fish with it. I suspect it is the clinch knot. Try a Palomar and see if that helps.

I switched from P-Line to Power-Pro when we started fishing saltwater but, like Wayne & GregC said, Palomar seems strongest with braid.

I fish power pro braids, with long (10'-12') p-line 100% flourocarbon leaders... I use the Albright knot. Favorite overall combination, because I can use it for almost everything!

I use P-line but only with a Palomar knot. I have had no issues with this line but I do pull hard enough on the line when I retie a knot to break it. Sometimes it breaks and then I retie again, pull it hard and if passes the test I fish with it. I suspect it is the clinch knot. Try a Palomar and see if that helps.

Wayne said it! Palomar not is it, but you have to wet the line before you pull it tight. I just put the whole loop of line in my mouth to lube it up and then stress the knot more than normal to get a good seat. If its loose at all a good tug will cause a break from friction.

I fish power pro braids, with long (10'-12') p-line 100% flourocarbon leaders... I use the Albright knot. Favorite overall combination, because I can use it for almost everything!

I guess I assumed Cap N Dickie was talking about P-Line braid. With fluorocarbon I still use a palomar for terminal connections. Trolling for picky fish (like salmon) I tie a Bimini Twist in the braid and connect a long fluorocarbon leader using an Albright but I haven't tried the Albright for other applications.
For stripers I typically tie PowerPro directly to the lure.

P line is good stuff, if it is breaking then you need a different knot. You should be able to tie a Palomar with your eyes shut. I use the Power Pro but always put a long P line leader on it, it is important for bigger fish.

Seaguar Red Label 100% flouro. I top shot about 150-200' to braid backing. It's priced well enough to reel fill if you wanted. It's the strongest line I've ever fished with and it holds up phenomenaly to abrasion. 12 lb test is next to impossible to break. 200 yards is less than $10.
I've had fish I can't stop on 12lb that had me stuck into moored buoy cables where 30-40 feet of my line rubbed and still had a hard time breaking the line once the fish was stuck.
I speak volumes of the stuff

Seaguar Red Label 100% flouro. I top shot about 150-200' to braid backing. It's priced well enough to reel fill if you wanted. It's the strongest line I've ever fished with and it holds up phenomenaly to abrasion. 12 lb test is next to impossible to break. 200 yards is less than $10.
I've had fish I can't stop on 12lb that had me stuck into moored buoy cables where 30-40 feet of my line rubbed and still had a hard time breaking the line once the fish was stuck.
I speak volumes of the stuff
Seguar Red is actually also re-branded and used by Cabela's for their small "leader" spools... I have used it, and was very impressed as well... it's DEFINITELY cheaper if it doesn't say Cabela's on it, that's for sure! I would use it again in a heartbeat, but can't find at Sportsmen's in Junction very often, and I don't buy much fishing tackle online, usually like to go drool somewhere, and Cabela's is not my plce to shop...

Seguar Red is actually also re-branded and used by Cabela's for their small "leader" spools... I have used it, and was very impressed as well... it's DEFINITELY cheaper if it doesn't say Cabela's on it, that's for sure! I would use it again in a heartbeat, but can't find at Sportsmen's in Junction very often, and I don't buy much fishing tackle online, usually like to go drool somewhere, and Cabela's is not my plce to shop...
Wal Mart believe it or not.
Big spools on eBay best way. Get a season or 2 in one shop

Reactions: Yos
I have had good luck with P-line mono, but it seems harder to find than the co-polymer stuff. Stay away from these! They are terrible handling, line twisting snarl inducing lines!!

I have positive experience with Izorline Platinum which is copolymer. Usually you have to buy it online but it's pretty solid line and definitely affordable. Izorline definitely has a long standing reputation in Southern Californias saltwater scene

I have had good luck with P-line mono, but it seems harder to find than the co-polymer stuff. Stay away from these! They are terrible handling, line twisting snarl inducing lines!!

Their co-polymer IS terrible...accidentally picked a "leader" spool off the shelf once day at Sportsman's...glad I did, because I learned a lesson, and threw the rest back in the recycle bin!

I've never fished their pure monofilament, so can't speak to it, but again all of their 100% FLOUROCARBON offerings have been amazing, and I use them without hesitation. I have never used a full reel of just flouro, so I can't speak to that either though. Like I said, I always use them (or the Seguar) in long lengths as leaders tied to braid...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back