OTTERS ON THE HUNT

Status
Not open for further replies.

HOLEINTHEWATERDAVE

WATCHED OTTERS ON THE HUNT IN AND OUT OF THE ROCKS AND ON SHORE.
POWELL%2010-20%20TO%2024-2016%20042.jpg
POWELL%2010-20%20TO%2024-2016%20055.jpg
POWELL%2010-20%20TO%2024-2016%20058.jpg

I go by this area every July and never see these critters. I will check again next summer. Thanks for posting these pictures.

This looks like the bay in front of Piute Canyon on the San Juan. Is that correct?

~LOL~ I thought so, too.. looked at it and said to myself that is the spot we camped one August where we had these huge boils every morning and night right next to our boat!

We've seen otters further downriver from Piute, just across from Peek-a-Boo arch, never in Piute though. Every time we see the otters, we notice the fishing in that area is definitely slow or non-existant. I did have a hair raising, heart stopping encounter with a whale in September -just on the other side of Piute. Closest call of my life. Definitely Marked on my fish finder and we went back with a milk jug the next morning.

We saw 3 otters on the north side of Cha the middle of October. They were to fast for me to get a good picture.

Seen my first Lake Powell otter last week, clear down here in Warm Creek. This week with "the Flush", I'm sure it is re-locating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back