Otter Family at the Rincon Last Week

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also got a couple of great videos. One with two otters on the bank wrestling over a fish. Looked like a carp. Also one longer distance with four or five on the bank sunning themselves and rolling on their backs. Very cute and fun to watch.

Thanks for all you do. I can't tell you how much we look forward to your reports and insights on the fishery.

we watched a family of them playing early in the morning this last June just uplake from the Rincon on the west side.

In late Sept this year there was a lone otter in the little bay just upstream from the little bay that has the floating Rock Creek restroom. It was on the shore rolling in the sand. When we approached it loped over a small rise out of sight. When we got around the point so we could see it again it had resumed rolling in the sand. I have never seen an otter this far down in the lower lake...usually in Oak or the San Juan. Hope they establish a new colony at the south end. Anyone else recently see otters in Rock Creek area? Chuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back