Northern Lake Water Temperature

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Clifton

Trying to plan a trip to Farley’s Canyon to target Crappie when the water temp reaches 60 degrees but not finding any water temp info. Any ideas on where to find this info would be appreciated! TIA!

Just got back from Good Hope bay area. Spent one day around Farley canyon and my fish finder was telling me the water temp there was at 52 degrees. Good Hope Bay was at 61 degrees. We came home on the 30th of October.
Was wondering if the northern end of the lake cooled faster. Wayne, do you think the crappie will be up in shallower water or did I miss that window of opportunity? I’ll be fishing out of a kayak so my range will be limited! TIA!

I fished North Wash, and 48 to 51, was the normal. But It made me nervous to start with, and the fishing was great. Powell is calling again.
We did'nt fish for Crappie, but the one's we caught, were in 16 to 18 ft. The Striper, Crappie, and Largemouth's, were all in the same depth. They were in and out chasing Shad.
I planned on Crappie fishing more, but the Striper bite, and there fight won out.

When we were there this past weekend water temps in GH were 60 to 62 and the same around BF. I did not see them below 60 anywhere we went

Water temp in Wahweap this morning was 60 and climbed to 62 this afternoon. The cold spell last week dropped the temp into the 50's but then the wind mixed the surface eater with the warmer layer below and the temp popped back up into the 60s. The lake was been near 60-62 for the past two weeks. I will now update the temps on the water data base page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back