North End October 27-29th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dungee

Keeper of San Juan Secrets
Nixon and I got up really early Friday and headed for Hite, arrived around 10:30 and launched on the south ramp with no issues even by myself (Nixon did direct from the boat), I was wanting to focus more on bass so we headed for Good Hope. Found a nice spot near Scorup, set up camp then headed out fishing. Weather was perfect! Little wind and great temps, water temps were in the lower 60's, 61-64ish and the fishing was overall tough until about 4ish each day. Throughout the day I'd pick up a good smally or largy but it definitely wasn't fast and furious until about 4pm then it was on for just about every cast. I caught fish on many different things trying to find a consistent pattern throughout the day, drop shot with shad and green dream shots, brown grub, cinnamon double tail hula, lip-less cranks in shad color, bigger cranks in both shad and craw, and top-water, so a little bit of everything worked. Once late afternoon happened we stuck with top-water because they are the most fun of course. Main points in Good Hope, the back of Blue-Notch was crazy good, LM, Smallies, and Stripers all cruising back there busting top water. Nixon caught his first top-water and Lake Powell largemouth back there completing his Lake Powell slam, lots of brush, lots of shad. Speaking of shad it is crazy how much there is, pretty much every smallmouth I caught spit up a giant threadfin. On the way back we went all the way to the back of Farley, the last few hundred yards was just shad, and you could see them getting busted, so i threw the threadfin rattle trap and picked up some stripers. Beyond that loved seeing so many largemouth of many sizes, they obviously produced well. Good to see Hite being used and the North being active, conditions were perfect, in fact it was easily the best overall weather trip of my life, but there is just so much food for them right now they are picky and fat. Great trip, maybe our last of the season unless we decide to try winter spooning. Thanks

Preston

Glad you got out one last time. I was hoping for one more trip this year, but it looks highly doubtful now. :(

Thanks for the report Preston and Nixon! Glad you two got out and had a nice trip! Sounded fun and productive. I thought we might get to go one more time, but not looking like it, at this time. Looks like the boat is getting put away for winter. But, I did get the 2018 Lund Boat catalog today, so gotta work on my letter to Santa! lol
Thanks for your reports and videos this year, we learned a lot and certainly became better anglers this year. We have a long way to go, but it was really fun, and just such an amazing place...
Looking forward to doing it again next Spring and hope we get the opportunity to meet you and your crew, as well as many other Wordlings next year!

Good report, glad you had a successful trip. What's your forecast on being able to still launch at Hite the weekend before Thanksgiving?

Can't answer for Preston, but we plan on launching our 18 1/2 ' boat at Hite over the Thanksgiving weekend with a camper on the truck. The water level is not dropping very fast so we expect to be able to launch OK.

Can't answer for Preston, but we plan on launching our 18 1/2 ' boat at Hite over the Thanksgiving weekend with a camper on the truck. The water level is not dropping very fast so we expect to be able to launch OK.

Ditto - see you there!

Thanks for the info, hopefully the fish will cooperate and we catch a few. I'm taking my brother in law down and he's never fished the lake before, it should be a good time. I've done good in the past around Thanksgiving time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back